Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.  (Read 24551 times)

Description:

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
Re: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 06, 2011, 05:17:26 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629100
Now the Phoenix was more then likely a white label but we are talking about the Vic Pro, not the Phoenix.  Vic Pro is a customized version of the Phoenix created by and produced by Cybernet.  If I'm wrong, I'm sure Leo will correct me on that one.

http://www.commodoreusa.net/CUSA_VICPro.aspx

Click on the Gallery tab then download the "VIC-Pro Owners Guide" from the link.

Nothing customized about the VIC Pro beyond the standard options Cybernet offers, and a sticker, of course.

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2011, 05:32:28 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629104
It was getting late at night for me and it's been couple of months now since Barry showed us the difference, but the exterior is different, the two have different mold colors. Something about black and silver around the keyboard were different on the exterior between the two.  I seem to remember that the mobo position was moved, think it was in reference to a new mobo with WIFI.  Barry wanted to make it very clear that the Vic Pro was different then the Cybernet model.

Do a Google image search for ZPC-GX31, you'll see that they come in different colours.

Cybernet offers 9 different WiFi options for the ZPC-GX31. Do you really think they are going to design and make a new motherboard just for Barry?

VIC Pro motherboard : http://www.commodoreusa.net/j/PhoenixBig8.jpg

Cybernet ZPC-GX31 motherboard : http://www.cybernetman.com/files/siteContent/photo_downloads/2/Bottom_layer_ZPC_look.jpg

Note that both say "MS-7517 VER : 1.0".

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: April 06, 2011, 05:34:41 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629111
I think I just now noticed they mixed and match the Vic PRO and the Cybernet model pictures on the web page.  Notice some show black surrounding the keyboard, top heat vents, and the glide mat area and some show silver instead.  Silver one has the C= logo on it which is the Vic-Pro, the black is the standard Cybernet model.  Leo needs to redo the images used.

So, you're saying the VIC Pro looks like this : http://www.cybernetman.com/files/siteContent/photo_downloads/2/Top_layer_ZPC_look.jpg

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: April 06, 2011, 05:38:32 PM »
Quote from: haywirepc;629116
More excuses, half truths, and bold faced lies.

Everything they are selling except this c64 retro cased one is a sticker slapped on an existing product for a 25-50% markup. Hey, printing those commodore stickers is expensive, stop bitching!

After paying 30 million dollars for advertising, they are running out of money for stickers. Everyone just buy their crap and stop revealing their lies and bullshit, your getting on their nerves.

100% markup for the VIC Slim.

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #18 on: April 06, 2011, 06:10:31 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629132
Now that is an exact outer match.

That's the Cybernet ZPC-GX31.

Now that we've established that the outside is exactly the same, and the inside is exactly the same, do you still believe what Barry told you?

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #19 on: April 06, 2011, 07:48:32 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;629186
That is a loaded question. Do you think material cost per unit is the only cost? I cringe to think how many units they have to sell to cover the Disney advertising. It would be like asking A-Eon how much each X1000 will cost in materials alone and ignoring the engineering costs.

I think you should refrain from commenting on things you know less than nothing about. You cannot buy advertising on anything that Disney does. They don't sell advertising. They are the largest media company in the world. There is a huge difference between "advertising" & "partnering".
- Barry Altman

http://www.amiga.org/forums/showpost.php?p=627586&postcount=203

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #20 on: April 06, 2011, 07:53:41 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;629190
There was something completely different with the PCI riser IIRC. indicating a different board.

Either the board is the same, or they are not selling the same product they are advertising on their website.

So, either Barry is a liar or a fraud. Which is it?

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2011, 01:46:07 AM »
Quote from: eliyahu;629337
i suspect he's rather busy, actually.  according to quote he gave the new york times, his web site is averaging five registrations every second.  that's over 430,000 every day

Great! In a month and a half, everyone who ever bought a C64 will have registered.

I don't believe it, do you?

The article also says "Barry Altman, president and chief executive of Commodore USA, said he purchased the Commodore trademark in September of last year", but he didn't buy anything. He got a license to use it. Big difference.

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2011, 01:42:55 PM »
Quote from: redrumloa;629437
Actually if I remember correctly he got exclusive world wide rights, so yes he purchased it.

Commodore® trademark used under exclusive worldwide license by Commodore USA, LLC for its line of AIO (All-In-One) keyboard computers, and is the trademark of Commodore Licensing, BV.

He did not buy it. He does not own it. He has a license to use it for his all-in-one keyboard computers. He does not have a license to use it for anything else.

Offline mongo

• Show all replies
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2011, 05:24:49 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629619
OK, I'm wrong.  I was extremely tired by that time of night (and I had to travel home yet) and as such, I didn't remember the conversation correctly.  My fault, no one to blame but me.  Barry was talking about the primary ODM/OEM which would be making the new Vics for long term production.  I was shown Cybernet's and that is where I got screwed up.

Flame away, I deserve it. :(

redrumloa remembered the conversation the same way you did.