Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga File Downloader (Download you old games kickstarts and OS)  (Read 2300 times)

Description:

Offline Jope

Re: Amiga File Downloader version 0.01
« on: July 21, 2003, 12:27:18 PM »
Eh?

No documentation, only an exe?

What platform is it supposed to run on?

Can you give us a little rundown on what ports the backdoor listens to, and what kinds of things you can do to the victim who runs it?

Or is this one of those trojans that logs onto your irc channel and makes a clone bot of the victim's machine?

If it's a trojan, you selected the wrong bait phrases for amiga.org - most people here don't like Amiga piracy, even if the software is new old stock.

If it's not a trojan and really does download all the amiga games and roms from the internet to your hd, shouldn't you have gone to some emulator romzzzzzz-site to boast your amazing software?

Oh well, someone who tries it out can tell the rest of us what it does - I'm not going to try it. :-)

Offline Jope

Re: virus no way your mad man, mad i say
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2003, 01:24:08 PM »
Ho hum, I don't see myself as mad - seriously, everything about this screamed "possible trojan":

* Your only posts here were the two you made about this program
* no docs, no anything
* very tempting piece of software for the average joe

(edit: not "Sorry" any more), but this is the way people distribute their zombies and backdoors. Perhaps it was unintentional of you, better luck with your next big release. :-)

(I can't even get the file off your web server for dissection :-)

Offline Jope

Re: Jope
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2003, 01:26:28 PM »

afder wrote:
Jope i hate you, cause now every one is going to think my program is a virus you -edited by redrumloa, reason: personal attack-

Ohhhh I'm SO trembling in my little socks now. :-)

Actually I'm editing out the word "sorry" from my other post now, please grow up.

And what is the n*b word? I can't match that with any naughty word I know? Or did you mean to put more asterisks in the middle? Still can't expand it. Sorry, not a native English speaker. :-)