Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga repair service in Australia?  (Read 5540 times)

Description:

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline mbuelerTopic starter

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Join Date: Jul 2005
  • Posts: 96
    • Show only replies by mbueler
Amiga repair service in Australia?
« on: January 10, 2014, 11:31:16 PM »
Hi I`m in Sydney and looking for somewhere to get a A4000D and A600 motherboard capacitors replaced (I believe that's the issue but not 100% sure).
Anyone know of someone trust worthy to do this?
A4000Di/040/16mb/80gb/Voodoo3/SB4.1
+ 1x dead CSPPC@233/060
A1200HD/030/128mb/40gb
A1000,A500,AmigaCD32
 

Offline mingle

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jun 2003
  • Posts: 660
    • Show only replies by mingle
Re: Amiga repair service in Australia?
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2014, 08:05:56 AM »
Not sure about Sydney, but there's a very good bloke in Melbourne:

http://www.amisynth.on.net/

Fixed my A4000, which had badly leaking caps...

Cheers,

Mike.
 

Offline AAACHIPSET

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Join Date: Mar 2010
  • Posts: 397
    • Show only replies by AAACHIPSET
Re: Amiga repair service in Australia?
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2014, 08:28:39 AM »
does he know anything about fixing ppc accelerators? ..or 040s
A500 3.1/8meg/2gigscsi ...wants a 040
CD32/SX1/FMV/FLASHDRIVE/  wants sx32pro
A1200  os3.5 030/50/fpu/mmu/2flashdrives/cd/   indivision coming ..............wants a ppc/060  ACCEL :laughing:
 

Offline mbuelerTopic starter

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Join Date: Jul 2005
  • Posts: 96
    • Show only replies by mbueler
Re: Amiga repair service in Australia?
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2014, 08:35:14 AM »
Quote from: mingle;756843
Not sure about Sydney, but there's a very good bloke in Melbourne:

http://www.amisynth.on.net/

Fixed my A4000, which had badly leaking caps...

Cheers,

Mike.
Thanks Mike,I'll call him on Monday.
A4000Di/040/16mb/80gb/Voodoo3/SB4.1
+ 1x dead CSPPC@233/060
A1200HD/030/128mb/40gb
A1000,A500,AmigaCD32
 

Offline Castellen

Re: Amiga repair service in Australia?
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2014, 05:59:50 PM »
Another possible option is that I offer component level repair on Amiga main boards.  Typical turnaround time is 5 days at present.  Freight costs between Australia and New Zealand are quite reasonable.

Feel free to contact me for a price estimate.

http://amiga.serveftp.net
 

Offline AmmoJammo

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: May 2012
  • Posts: 726
    • Show only replies by AmmoJammo
Re: Amiga repair service in Australia?
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2014, 10:20:13 PM »
I recapped my A600 the other day, I would have offered to do yours (as a starting point, then maybe do the A4000 in future)

However, I bought enough capacitors to recap two A600's, then used half of them recapping a Sega Game Gear. :p

I had been doing electronics assembly for nearly 9 years, till someone decided to make me redundant.

So, now I've set up a little work area at home for repairing/modifying/building bits and pieces.



 

Offline carvedeye

  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Join Date: Jan 2007
  • Posts: 1563
    • Show only replies by carvedeye
Re: Amiga repair service in Australia?
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2014, 10:54:11 PM »
Quote from: AmmoJammo;756955
I recapped my A600 the other day, I would have offered to do yours (as a starting point, then maybe do the A4000 in future)

However, I bought enough capacitors to recap two A600's, then used half of them recapping a Sega Game Gear. :p

I had been doing electronics assembly for nearly 9 years, till someone decided to make me redundant.

So, now I've set up a little work area at home for repairing/modifying/building bits and pieces.





Nice setup you have there :)
A1200T: M1230XA 50Mhz 68030 w/64mb,DVDRom, 80gb hdd, Realtek LAN Card, Mediator LT4 + Radeon 9250 128mb(used for fast ram), Spider USB Card, Voodoo 3 3000 OS 3.9 +bb 1-3
 

Offline Grue

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Nov 2013
  • Posts: 3
    • Show only replies by Grue
Re: Amiga repair service in Australia?
« Reply #7 on: January 12, 2014, 11:15:35 AM »
Quote from: Castellen;756921
Another possible option is that I offer component level repair on Amiga main boards.  Typical turnaround time is 5 days at present.  Freight costs between Australia and New Zealand are quite reasonable.

Feel free to contact me for a price estimate.

http://amiga.serveftp.net


^ Replaced my 1200 caps... look as good as new, as well as some other fault finding. Top bloke.
 

Offline SPOD

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Join Date: Aug 2023
  • Posts: 1
  • Country: au
    • Show only replies by SPOD
Re: Amiga repair service in Australia?
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2023, 01:51:37 PM »
Any current lists of people who can repair / recap A1200s in Australia?  Mine has stopped outputting video signal (the function lights start up normally) and if it needs a recap, keen to do that too.
 

Offline Castellen

Re: Amiga repair service in Australia?
« Reply #9 on: September 13, 2023, 08:24:48 PM »

Not sure if Amisynth (Melbourne) is still active, haven't seen anything from Paul in a while and the website no longer exists.


I'm still doing worldwide Amiga repairs/support in New Zealand, feel free to contact me for a price estimate.

http://amiga.serveftp.net
 
The following users thanked this post: SPOD