Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MorphOS on x86???  (Read 13752 times)

Description:

Offline dammy

• Show all replies
Re: MorphOS on x86???
« on: September 09, 2008, 11:52:29 AM »
Finally: This is an Amiga community. If AROS can run the Amiga software then the programs that are liked can be used. Final writer and so on. And it is possible to make better versions because the added power of AROS and the hardware under it.

AROS has EUAE for years.  There is a bounty for integrating EUAE with AROS that is open to donations.  There are indeed several options for the Amiga Community to deal with the above:

1. Fire up EUAE when you need to run an Amiga68K app.
2. Routinely donate to the EUAE bounty on P2P until a developer full fills the bounty.  If you want AROS to run on your existing hardware, donate half of the money you are saving by not buying new hardware.
3. Port whatever software you are missing to AROS or rewrite from scratch.

I'm simply amazed people on here expect AROS developers to do their bidding for FREE.  I guess they still haven't gotten the hang of OSS vs paying for hardware/OS in a package.  Sure, if your buying hardware, I can clearly understand you demand to run your preferred software with minimum of effort.  This is because your spending $, probably a significant amount, that will go to pay the hardware and software engineers plus everyone else in the loop that brings you their product.  This goes for OS4 or MOS.

AROS, OTOH, unless your coughing up cash for bounties it's costing you nothing.  If you paid nothing into AROS, how the hell can you even expect a developer, who your not paying, to do things you want if it's not of his/her interest?  AROS is not being funded by your taxes. Your buying any product will not yield directly to any AROS developer's paycheck because they don't get a paycheck.

To quote an old US saying (forgive the drug reference plz), "Grass, Gas, or Ass, No One Rides For Free."

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline dammy

• Show all replies
Re: MorphOS on x86???
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2008, 02:46:27 PM »
When enough people want MorphOS on x86, the MorphOS team will do a return on investment analysis. If they can make money by porting it to x86, then they'll do it. Why else would they do it? Out of love for the OS??? Get real. They need to eat and pay their bills too, just like everyone else.

Question is, are they making a killing being bundled with EFIKA?

Dammy
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.