Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Moon Crystal (Famicom/NES)  (Read 2665 times)

Description:

Offline XDelusionTopic starter

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
Moon Crystal (Famicom/NES)
« on: June 10, 2011, 08:23:55 PM »
http://youtu.be/2o68IPyg3og

For all you Prince of Persia fans out there, you have GOT to check out this title for the Nintendo Famicom, which for those not in the know, is the Japanese version of the Nintendo Entertainment System.

This game is AMAZING! It reminds me of a swash buckling platformer with elements of Prince of Persia player mechanics. What more can I say, head over to Planet Emu or a related site and get a pre-translated ROM now and check this puppy out!!!!
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
Re: Moon Crystal (Famicom/NES)
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 08:45:07 PM »
When it comes to games & the SNES then nothing to me beats the SNES RPG games... :)

I actually prize them more than my Amiga's (and that's saying something) best games ever written for any platform in my humble opinion... :)

(Just wish I hadn't played them all as I'd love to play more of the wonderful games...) :)

Couple of examples... :D

Terranigma
[youtube]mYaVFcMtXPA[/youtube]
[youtube]flmT0BvJEn8&feature=related[/youtube]

Chrono Trigger
[youtube]vqTZfknDVes[/youtube]
[youtube]GXcl38zbqmw&feature=related[/youtube]

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 10:04:05 PM »
Hey, we're talking 8-bit NES here, so enough with all this 16-bit non-sense! ;)

Actually I've got both of those games and was VERY impressed, though I've not completed either yet.
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2011, 10:24:59 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;644036
http://youtu.be/2o68IPyg3og

For all you Prince of Persia fans out there, you have GOT to check out this title for the Nintendo Famicom, which for those not in the know, is the Japanese version of the Nintendo Entertainment System.

This game is AMAZING! It reminds me of a swash buckling platformer with elements of Prince of Persia player mechanics. What more can I say, head over to Planet Emu or a related site and get a pre-translated ROM now and check this puppy out!!!!
Hm, I'm sure a Prince of Persia fan, but this is the usual hack'nslash. Looks nice though but with Prince of Persia you really felt you were swordfighting, with dodging, stepping forward/backward and a well-timed stab. It looks more like Traps 'n Treasures, Lionheart, the Leander, or First Samurai (all of course on the Amiga)
« Last Edit: June 10, 2011, 10:29:47 PM by Speelgoedmannetje »
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline Franko

« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2011, 10:29:03 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;644060
Hey, we're talking 8-bit NES here, so enough with all this 16-bit non-sense! ;)

Actually I've got both of those games and was VERY impressed, though I've not completed either yet.

Yeah... I know you were talking about the NES and not the SNES but I just had to post something about my love for these games and this seemed the best opportunity to sneak it in... :)

PS: I've finished them all umpteen times over and discovered every little hidden secret in them, now I can't play them anymore as no matter how long I leave them for, when I return to them I know the lands in each one like the back of my hand... :(

I'd love to find just one more SNES RPG that I haven't heard of but alas there are none left... :cry:

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2011, 10:34:55 PM »
Quote from: Speelgoedmannetje;644069
Hm, I'm sure a Prince of Persia fan, but this is the usual hack'nslash. Looks nice though but with Prince of Persia you really felt you were swordfighting, with dodging, stepping forward/backward and a well-timed stab. It looks more like Traps 'n Treasures, Lionheart, the Leander, or First Samurai (all of course on the Amiga)

Well ya, Prince of Persia had a different system of Sword Fighting, but in this game you can grab ledges, which reminded me of Prince/Flashback.

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2011, 10:36:24 PM »
Quote from: Franko;644072
Yeah... I know you were talking about the NES and not the SNES but I just had to post something about my love for these games and this seemed the best opportunity to sneak it in... :)

PS: I've finished them all umpteen times over and discovered every little hidden secret in them, now I can't play them anymore as no matter how long I leave them for, when I return to them I know the lands in each one like the back of my hand... :(

I'd love to find just one more SNES RPG that I haven't heard of but alas there are none left... :cry:

I'm sure you've been through all the recently translated Super Famicom RPG's as well then?

Offline Franko

« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2011, 10:43:26 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;644075
I'm sure you've been through all the recently translated Super Famicom RPG's as well then?

If you mean the one's written to run on emulators then no as I'm a collector of the original cartridges only (you know, must be in the box, mint condition, maps, booklets etc... and daft enough to pay well over £200 for one on eBay)... :)

I have a SNES emulator on this iMac that runs at fullspeed but I've never really used it as I prefer to use the real thing, thoush someone a while back sent me a couple of ROM images of some Japanese games that he said were translated but I've never looked at them... :)

Might be interesting to find some of these translated games and give them a go on the Mac... :)

Offline Speelgoedmannetje

• Show only replies by Speelgoedmannetje
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2011, 10:48:12 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;644074
Well ya, Prince of Persia had a different system of Sword Fighting, but in this game you can grab ledges, which reminded me of Prince/Flashback.
Ah ok, it sure does look nice, maybe I should get this one on my nes
Btw. if there's one game that really gave me the Prince of Persia 'feel' it was Asassin's Creed. Waaaay more than any 3d Prince of Persia incarnation of the past 12 years.
And the canary said: \'chirp\'

Offline Franko

« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2011, 11:04:11 PM »
Quote from: Speelgoedmannetje;644080
Ah ok, it sure does look nice, maybe I should get this one on my nes
Btw. if there's one game that really gave me the Prince of Persia 'feel' it was Asassin's Creed. Waaaay more than any 3d Prince of Persia incarnation of the past 12 years.

Prince of Persia while at the time on the Amiga looked a wee bit special was one of those games I could never get the hang of... :(

Too much of that tipy toe stuff then crash you slipped of the edge and were dead... never got very far in that game before it was consigned to the archives on my HD's... :(

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2011, 11:17:43 PM »
Franko: DUDE, you need one of these then!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/08/neo-snes-sfc-myth-flash-cart-brings-emulation-magic-to-your-ag/

I personally use my classic XBOX for most of my emulation needs, plus I was planning on re-wiring one of my controllers so I can plug an original SNES pad into it. Though these Myth carts are tempting!

Offline Franko

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2011, 11:32:26 PM »
Quote from: XDelusion;644095
Franko: DUDE, you need one of these then!!!

http://www.engadget.com/2010/03/08/neo-snes-sfc-myth-flash-cart-brings-emulation-magic-to-your-ag/

I personally use my classic XBOX for most of my emulation needs, plus I was planning on re-wiring one of my controllers so I can plug an original SNES pad into it. Though these Myth carts are tempting!

:eek: I think I've just wet me drawers... :eek:

Where the frig do I buy one those thingy wotsits... cash waiting.... :D

• Alien Breeder
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2011, 01:37:39 AM »
Speel: I've been meaning to try out the Creed series. They look awesome!

Franko: This should get you on the right track:

http://gbatemp.net/t226219-neo-snes-myth-cart-review