Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Introducing Warp3D Nova for AmigaOS 4.1  (Read 31637 times)

Description:

Offline Niding

• Show all replies
Re: Introducing Warp3D Nova for AmigaOS 4.1
« on: March 23, 2016, 12:39:34 PM »
Aegis;

Cant really say I agree.

AeonKit went for PPC, and while they seem to work well with Acube, they cant be expected to bend over backwards to accomodate their customers for example.
Same goes for the owners of 10-20 year old PPC hardware. At one point they have to decide which standard to set, and since noone else is picking up the slack, I dont see any reason to be negative about their move.
Yes, some of us might find the hardware of choice to be suboptimal (main point seems to be FPU), but they have now built the API with Daniel working on OpenGL. He is one of the most active GN gamecoders, so im rather positive with the way forward. AeonKit seems to be the only people in town working on AOS4x, so if anything, they will consolidate the PPC crowd.

With regards to Vampire/Classic;

Matthew has indicated hes aware of the potential pool of users/customers that is surfacing on the classic market, so im sure there will be improvements there too.
Likewise AROS activity is picking up, so its going to be intresting times both for NG and classic.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2016, 12:42:01 PM by Niding »

Offline Niding

• Show all replies
Re: Introducing Warp3D Nova for AmigaOS 4.1
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2016, 04:45:45 PM »
Quote from: OlafS3;806246
@Aegis

Only a short comment... Toni is "not amused" because never got any support from Hyperion how you can read on eab, they have even the fix to support ram ready but are not willing to give it to paying customers. If such behavior is wise can everybody decide for himself.

Personally I never expected the restrictions to be lifted when I purchased AOS 4 FE.
Noone should feel cheated with the limitations when using it on WinUAE.
Customers that purchased it should have known it was for PPC hardware, not emulation.
The restictions was very clear upon release.

That said, it would probarly be GOOD for AOS that it supported UAE usage to its fullest, including a WinUAE installer/Amiga Forever style installer, like with AmiKit (with adjustable harddisk allocation upon installation).