Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiModRadio - All of Aminet modules at your fingertips  (Read 28615 times)

Description:

Offline TygreTopic starter

Re: AmiModRadio - All of Aminet modules at your fingertips
« Reply #29 from previous page: April 10, 2017, 02:42:34 PM »
Dear all!

I am happy to release a new version v0.997 of AmiModRadio after these long months of silence! :)

You can take it from here, here, or here.

This version arrives after some software, hardware, and wetware problems... Most of these problems are being managed now so development should resume and release should happen more regularly ;) This new release mostly includes bug fixes (#60, #61, #64, #67, #68, #69, #70. #73, #74, #75, and #76), stay tune for new features! Also, I want AmiModRadio to work on Honx's config... as well as on my A4000/30...

As usual, bug reports are always welcome here!

Cheers!

« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2017, 06:35:32 PM »
Hi klx300!

Thanks for trying AmiModRadio out :)

Sorry to read that it didn't work as expected: could you tell me in more details the steps that you followed?

Cheers!

« Reply #31 on: April 18, 2017, 04:05:05 PM »
Dear all!

I am happy to release a new version v0.998 of AmiModRadio as Easter bounty :).

This version includes a new source, The Module Archive. It currently only considers MOD files and mingle the file names but improvements are on their way! It also fixes several bugs, including #77, #78, and #79. In particular, it should fix problems faced by some users, including Honx and Tumo, as well as others who reported crashes upon exit! :juggler:

klx300r, this new version may solve your problem as well, please let me know!

Cheers!

« Reply #32 on: January 07, 2018, 08:18:18 PM »
Dear all!

I am happy to release a new version v0.9991 of AmiModRadio after these long months of silence! :)

This new release includes bug fixes (#83 and #90 that should improve usability: it comes with more preferences to choose the modules and cache drawers as well as limit the size of the files to-be-downloaded. Thus, it improves playability (of modules) by avoiding downloading large archives with silly MP3 or MPEG files in them ;). It also fixes a couple of bugs and includes a full-fledge parsing for FTP LIST lines... Enjoy! :D

Cheers!

« Reply #33 on: April 02, 2018, 08:15:11 PM »
Hey Whaka!
Did you have a chance to test it?
Cheers!

« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2018, 02:24:30 AM »
Dear all!

I am happy to release a new version v0.9992 of AmiModRadio after these long months of silence! :)

This new release includes three improvements: three visible, one invisible... You can now access the modules from FireHawk at http://mod.haxor.fi/ (thanks!) (bug #93), update AmiModRadio using AmiAutoUpdater (bug #40), and save your modules (again) without crashing... Invisibly, the logging is better and should allow for more useful messages (bug #62)... Enjoy! :D

Cheers!
« Last Edit: November 07, 2018, 04:33:55 AM by Tygre »

« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2018, 11:28:58 PM »
Hi @klx300r!

Nice, I'm glad that it works well for you ;D

What do you mean "links not working"? Is my Amiga server down again?

Best!

« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2018, 04:35:07 AM »
Hi klx300r!

your post no.61 links where it says 'here' aren't working..at least not for me

Oh, my apologies! There were extra quotes (when moving the text source of the post from EAB to here), sorry about that! I fixed them :)

Cheers!

« Reply #37 on: January 06, 2019, 09:52:11 PM »
Hi all!

I just released a new version of AmiModRadio on time for the new semester! :)

This new version features many bug fixes (and cleanup) and improvements: #27 (AmigaGuide and help), #30 (compatibility with AmigaOS v4), #40 (AmiAutoUpdater), #62 (better messages), #86 (faster response times), and #94 and #95 (bug fixes). It also include localisations in English and French with the German catalog in progress :cool.

(In particular, I fixed AmigaSystem's most hated bug ;).)

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 06, 2019, 09:54:14 PM by Tygre »

« Reply #38 on: February 11, 2019, 12:39:48 AM »
Hi all!

I just released a new version of AmiModRadio with support for the excellent Ranchero (and Ringhio) :)
It also fixes bugs #101 and #102, which beautify AmiModRadio 8)

You can take it from here, here, or here. You can also update AmiModRadio using AmiAutoUpdater through the script "Update and Run".

Cheers!

« Reply #39 on: May 28, 2020, 05:05:47 PM »
Hi all!

After more than one year ???, I'm happy to release a new version of AmiModRadio v0.9995 :)

This version fixes two bugs #104 and #105 but also now works on A4000/30, A1200/60, and A600/Vampire. It also has been extensively tested by AmigaSystem and includes new skins, thanks!

You can download it here or there.

Important: You must delete the content of the PROGDIR:cache drawer because I had the change the file format to improve the users' messages!

As usual, bug reports, suggestions, and contributions are welcome! 8)
Cheers!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2020, 08:23:16 AM by Tygre »

« Reply #40 on: November 22, 2020, 01:00:59 AM »
Hi AmigaSystem and all!

I'm happy to release a new version of AmiModRadio, v0.9997, which is now multitasks!

As the sequence diagram above didn't explain very well :), AmiModRadio now has three tasks collaborating to bring you the best modules from the Internet 8)

That means no more frozen UI while modules download and downloading can be interrupted at anytime :) (Just press the stop button!) I also refactored my code to make it more beautiful and fixed several (logic) bugs...

As usual, AmiModRadio can be downloaded, along with its source code:

Please contribute by asking for features, reporting bugs, or offering translations! (I'm still looking for a German speaker...)

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: November 22, 2020, 01:33:06 AM by Tygre »

« Reply #41 on: November 22, 2020, 06:46:13 PM »
Hi giZmo350!

Howdy Tygre! Great feature announcement for the awesome AmiModRadio….

AmiModRadio cruising the Amiga muktitasking highway sounds exhilarating! Can’t wait to use your new beautiful code to stress my most ardent Migs!

Thanks bud!

Thanks a lot and don't hesitate if you have ideas for new features... or bugs to report ;)

Cheers!

« Reply #42 on: December 07, 2020, 03:54:52 PM »
Hi all!

I'm happy to release yet-another version of AmiModRadio, v0.9999! It fixes particularly bug #100, thanks to Thomas Richter's kind help!, and few bugs, and other papercuts :). (Unfortunately, the MUI_Redraw() warning will still be there... :-[)

Please contribute by asking for features, reporting bugs, or offering translations!
(I'm still looking for a German translation...)

Enjoy ;)

Cheers!

« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2021, 05:42:47 AM »
Hi all!

I'm happy to release a new version of AmiModRadio, v0.99991, which brings many improvements and fixes after extensive testing on an A4000D/030 :).

Please contribute by asking for features, reporting bugs, or offering translations! (I'm still looking for a German translation...)

Enjoy ;D

Cheers!
« Last Edit: January 11, 2021, 05:44:11 AM by Tygre »

The following users thanked this post: klx300r

« Reply #44 on: February 21, 2022, 09:12:10 PM »
Hi all!

I'm happy to release another version of AmiModRadio, v0.99994! It improves stability with an entirely reworked handling of tasks, especially wrt. socket. It fixes bugs #111, #113, and #114. As usual, it can be downloaded, along with its source code:
Please contribute by asking for features, reporting bugs, or offering other translations!

Enjoy :)

Cheers!