Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SOFTWARE HUT???????  (Read 3715 times)

Description:

Offline Vlabguy1

• Show only replies by Vlabguy1
Re: SOFTWARE HUT???????
« Reply #29 from previous page: May 08, 2007, 03:54:56 AM »
Thats a bit harsh..
SoftwareHut has been great!!  Been a customer since the early 90s..and I just
recently bought some boards for my 4000T.  All went well, communicated via
email and phone just fine.

perhaps you should try emailing them again..

shillard wrote:
Utterly hopeless in my experience - I emailed looking to spend around US$2,000 with no reply.

Amigakit leaves them for dead - instant response, fastest shipping I've ever had from the UK.

Offline shillard

• Show only replies by shillard
    • http://www.shillard.com
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2007, 04:22:44 AM »
Perhaps not.

If you're interested in my business, you respond in a timely manner.  If you snooze, you lose.

That ended up being around US$2,200 lost to Software Hut, gained by Versalia and Amigakit.

Both of whom, funnily enough, responded to my email enquiry....

If they're only interested in domestic business they should explicitly state that.  If any of the people working for me were so blase about customer service, I'd have them taken out the back and shot.
Ewige Blumenkraft!

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2007, 06:25:55 AM »

shillard wrote:
Perhaps not.

If you're interested in my business, you respond in a timely manner.  If you snooze, you lose.

That ended up being around US$2,200 lost to Software Hut, gained by Versalia and Amigakit.

Both of whom, funnily enough, responded to my email enquiry....

If they're only interested in domestic business they should explicitly state that.  If any of the people working for me were so blase about customer service, I'd have them taken out the back and shot.

Well said and done. There is a lot of stuff on Software Hut's website that is listed as available and you can even pay for it online but they don't have it and don't seem to be about to.

Just be careful with Vesalia, however. I recently ordered an A1200 MoBo from them and I got a totally dead board and they didn't answer any of my emails about it.

There is a similar ongoing story with Maurice Randall (CMDRKEY) in the C64 arena.

Offline Damion

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2007, 07:47:37 AM »
AmigaKit is the one business I *only* hear good things about. Everywhere else seems hit and miss, which doth suck. Sad to say, but these days I trust my luck on ebay far more than most so-called dealers.

KDH was another good one, too bad they tanked (or so it seems).

Eslapion I wish you the best, Vesalia have treated me well in the past, so I'm a little surprised to hear about your board. Keep at them until it gets straightened out.

Offline Damion

« Reply #33 on: May 11, 2007, 08:20:01 PM »
OK, these guys (SoftHut) are alright. Just busy with a real business, something I can relate to running a small biz myself. Alles jetzt in ordnung.

On that happy note,

:pint:

Offline jorkany

• Show only replies by jorkany
    • http://www.amigaos4.com
« Reply #34 on: May 11, 2007, 08:38:20 PM »
eslapion,
Just be careful with Vesalia, however. I recently ordered an A1200 MoBo from them and I got a totally dead board and they didn't answer any of my emails about it.

Are you the one who got a dead board and immediately started popping components off of it to use in other systems because a phone call to Germany was against your principals?

Offline deBrun

• Show only replies by deBrun
« Reply #35 on: May 12, 2007, 12:06:15 AM »
:D  I remember Software Hut!!!  I used to order all kinds of hardware & software from them back in the day!  I hope this new Amiga sheh-bang lifts off and can revisit them someday.

Hmmm... might go see what they got!  Its been a decade, maybe they have something interesting...  What the heck.

As for the thread, well they were always spectacular with my business.  Thanks for the memories!

-Cheers