Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigakit or Pendingkit?  (Read 18072 times)

Description:

Offline amigakit

Re: Amigakit or Pendingkit?
« on: February 12, 2020, 01:40:57 PM »
We ship hundreds of orders every week worldwide and have been privileged to serve the Amiga community for over sixteen years as a full time business. 

The vast majority of orders leave within a day or two of the orders being placed.  We manufacture and assemble many of our products in house- you cannot source 35 year old retro products off the shelf.  We have over a thousand different product lines to make available a comprehensive range of quality products to the community at reasonable prices.

We would love to grow our team here, however since 2015 there have been many hobbyist resellers who pop up, offer a limited amount of lower quality products, then disappear.  This cycle has continued for some years and it means that for us it is not economically viable to add more full time team members given the size of the market place.

Apart from our retail business, we additionally manage this website among others.  We attend shows around the world, meeting our customers face to face.  We have been busy involved in developing our software such as AK-Datatypes, EasyNet, EasyADF and AmigaSYS.

I hope this helps give you a glimpse of our day to day work.
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

The following users thanked this post: First Ninja

Offline amigakit

« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2020, 03:54:34 PM »
@hese7

Sorry for the problem.  I investigated and can see that your last order unfortunately contained an item that was out of stock which held it up, but I can see that the 16 previous orders were delivered to you successfully.   

On occasion there maybe hiccups but the bulk of orders go out without problems and we get warm words back from regular customers, especially in person when we attend events.

@hese7 @Mr_Byte

I hope you continue enjoy using Amiga.org and other services we provide to the community (for free).  We are always looking to improve our products and services.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2020, 05:17:09 PM »
@Kremlar

We agree with that of course and make best efforts to keep our customers informed.

In the interests of balance, I trust you received both timely and good service from us every time you placed an order? 

Offline amigakit

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2020, 10:21:00 PM »
@Mr_Byte

I respect that you have the best interests at heart and thank you for your concern.

We would have preferred that they contacted us directly to discuss the matter privately.

The individual from this newly setup company in question has received contact in response to their post and will receive correspondance from us this coming week.  Unfortunately I cannot go into further details about this situation in a public forum.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 10:23:20 PM by amigakit »

Offline amigakit

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2020, 11:03:28 PM »
@Chucky

I have to disagree that a UK company registered recently is "well known" to the community.  In contrast, after sixteen years of continous service to the Amiga Community, sponsoring shows, developing hardware and software, I would hope that Amiga Kit is well known.

As stated, it is fully the expectation that this will be dealt with between the two entities in a professional business manner and not conducted by rumour or conjecture on a public forum or social media.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 11:05:45 PM by amigakit »

Offline amigakit

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2020, 11:15:48 PM »
@Chucky

I appreciate your best intentions.

In your example that you cited of Microsoft and Apple, both are very well known companies.  Unfortunately this is not applicable in this case.

There are material facts that are not relayed and these will be communicated privately this week.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 11:17:06 PM by amigakit »

Offline amigakit

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2020, 02:50:35 PM »
@Chucky

We have been Amiga Kit Amiga Store many years prior to ASB Computer deciding to rebrand in the same vein.  AmigaStore.com domain goes way back to 2004.  We have had significant amount of customers since they rebranded contact us because they had problems confusing their new website with ours.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:59:43 PM by amigakit »

Offline amigakit

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2020, 04:11:56 PM »
@Chucky

Situations often are misunderstood without knowledge of the full facts.  It is disappointing when misrepresentations are made.

I am not sure if you recall AmigaKit has been manufacturing "A1200" Tower cases since 2005.  Our product was the EZ Z4 A1200 Tower which we inherited from Eyetech when we took over their Classic Amiga business.  We have also manufactured many other A1200 named products since then of course.

The A1200 desktop cases you are referring to were supplied from the Chinese manufacturer.  Significant funds were contributed to make the production run possible and meet the Minimum Order Quantity demanded by the Chinese manufacturer.  A request was lodged with Adzzer Pty Ltd to pass on the specific request to have the cases badged with a custom label of our choice.  This could not be done so a second request was made to omit the case badge all together for the sake of wasting time removing and reapplying.  In the end the cases were rebadged after they arrived from China which was not ideal.

Another request was later put in to provide custom printed box packaging.  A quote for the work was given and artwork supplied which matched the custom labels and that was accepted by Adzzer Pty Ltd. 

No invoices were issued by A1200.net - there is no record of this being a valid company.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2020, 05:27:48 PM »
I am sorry Philippe, this is certainly not how I recall events.

- Your request for a different label was agreed. However the label you are presenting today is NOT the one you showed me at the time I visited you in Cardiff!

Yes it is.  Very little has changed on that label.  The legalese was accepted by you on the box artwork sent later on also.  We have correspondance here to show it.  Unfortunately, now you are attempting to portray in public that the goods were not supplied OEM.

- We did NOT agree and "A1200 is a trademark by AmigaKit" was certainly NOT accepted by Adzzer Pte Ltd.

Taken from A1200.net:

« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 05:28:43 PM by amigakit »

Offline amigakit

« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2020, 05:49:11 PM »
This was my last entry.

Thread locked as this has gone way off topic now. You can contact us directly if you have any more discussions.