Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigakit or Pendingkit?  (Read 17114 times)

Description:

Offline UberFreak

• Show only replies by UberFreak
Re: Amigakit or Pendingkit?
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2020, 09:10:14 PM »
As someone who's not on Facebook, thanks for posting this here.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2020, 10:21:00 PM »
@Mr_Byte

I respect that you have the best interests at heart and thank you for your concern.

We would have preferred that they contacted us directly to discuss the matter privately.

The individual from this newly setup company in question has received contact in response to their post and will receive correspondance from us this coming week.  Unfortunately I cannot go into further details about this situation in a public forum.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 10:23:20 PM by amigakit »
www.AmigaKit.com - Amiga Reseller | Manufacturer | Developer

New Products  --   Customer Help & Support -- @amigakit

Offline Chucky

« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2020, 10:53:16 PM »
With all respect.  but there is for me "nothing to discuss"

registering a name well known into the community and redirecting it to somewhere else offering similiar service is..      hmm how to say this politly:  "not ok"   and nothing to discuss on.

and reading the reactions.  I would clearly recomend you to solve it like now.  not "this coming week"  and the only solution is to give the domain to the correct owner...   and reading this made me really dissapointed. and I mean really dissapointed..

Offline amigakit

« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2020, 11:03:28 PM »
@Chucky

I have to disagree that a UK company registered recently is "well known" to the community.  In contrast, after sixteen years of continous service to the Amiga Community, sponsoring shows, developing hardware and software, I would hope that Amiga Kit is well known.

As stated, it is fully the expectation that this will be dealt with between the two entities in a professional business manner and not conducted by rumour or conjecture on a public forum or social media.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 11:05:45 PM by amigakit »

Offline Chucky

« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2020, 11:10:25 PM »
still  browsing to  www.amigapassion.com  directs to amigakit.   not the the known other person.  and this is what is just simply "not ok"

it is like taking  microsoft.info and direct it to apple....     and actually  there is also no excuse for this.  as amigapassion does amiga repairs.  so do you.

amigakit is ofcourse well known.    but let me say like this:  if I register amigakit.se  and redirect it to me  you would not approve..  right?  this is the same thing.    and is also very very easy to solve..   give amigapassion.com domain to correct person.  say you are sorry and it is all just fine.

but keeping it.. no.  that is not ok.  and people are getting annoyed of this.  and that is not good for anyone.

amiga have enough of drama.

Offline amigakit

« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2020, 11:15:48 PM »
@Chucky

I appreciate your best intentions.

In your example that you cited of Microsoft and Apple, both are very well known companies.  Unfortunately this is not applicable in this case.

There are material facts that are not relayed and these will be communicated privately this week.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2020, 11:17:06 PM by amigakit »

Offline Chucky

« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2020, 11:22:16 PM »
It is not of very well known companies. thing is  "amigapassion" have never ever been connected to amigakit..

and I do not care about how much sponsoring etc have been done.  it is still not ok.   even if you sponsored big happennings, it still doesn't give you the right to take any name and redirect it to you.   this community is too small for it.   it is not fair play.  it is just sorry to say "a dick move" and it now start to cost you quite a lot of bad PR.   Is it really worth it?  independent of size of bankaccount or how active you are etc.

if you think it is ok to take another parts name and redirect to you.  then why should not other takes amigakit and redirect to themselves?

this is not a big thing..  there is nothing to discuss.   you made a misstake.  fix it. all fine..  or isn't it a misstake? please do not disssapoint me and the community.   remember.  the community doesn't need anyone of us!  but we need the community!

The following users thanked this post: demon-knight

Offline demon-knight

• Show only replies by demon-knight
« Reply #21 on: March 08, 2020, 06:51:09 AM »
@Chucky

I appreciate your best intentions.

In your example that you cited of Microsoft and Apple, both are very well known companies.  Unfortunately this is not applicable in this case.

There are material facts that are not relayed and these will be communicated privately this week.

How is this not applicable your companies are both well known in the Amiga community it's exactly the same.

Again, why does it need to be done privately, you bought a domain of your competitor and redirect it to your site how is that ok?

Whats embarrassing and smacks of desperation is you buy domains of other companies, trademark multiple names related to Amiga such as A600 etc. list products as in stock when they are not.  Where does it stop?

Not one bit of this helps the community and if anything makes you look worse than you already do.

Offline Chucky

« Reply #22 on: March 08, 2020, 08:47:54 AM »
As the domain still links to amigakit..

I got a really bad feeling when trademark registering started.  Now also starting to register domainnames of other companies names and link it to you.
what is next?  well I can just see other stuff, maybe even names that is conencted to me (like reamiga)     I cannot support this..

even if I only bought stuff for 243,04eur, I have however now put my last order at amigakit.  and you can delete my account there.

I am sad, really sad it have to go like this.    but there is a border where I think stuff is enough.   Registering trademarks was on the border.  doing stuff like this.  well  sorry but you passed it. and I do not care who is the bigger older one.  actually that even makes it worse.

Offline kolla

« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2020, 08:55:28 AM »
AmigaKit is now reduced to a trademark and domain squatting company, what a waste.
B5D6A1D019D5D45BCC56F4782AC220D8B3E2A6CC
---
A3000/060CSPPC+CVPPC/128MB + 256MB BigRAM/Deneb USB
A4000/CS060/Mediator4000Di/Voodoo5/128MB
A1200/Blz1260/IndyAGA/192MB
A1200/Blz1260/64MB
A1200/Blz1230III/32MB
A1200/ACA1221
A600/V600v2/Subway USB
A600/Apollo630/32MB
A600/A6095
CD32/SX32/32MB/Plipbox
CD32/TF328
A500/V500v2
A500/MTec520
CDTV
MiSTer, MiST, FleaFPGAs and original Minimig
Peg1, SAM440 and Mac minis with MorphOS

Offline Chucky

« Reply #24 on: March 08, 2020, 08:59:03 AM »
Thinking of it.  I doubt registering a domiainname that are using a companyname that belongs to another person, with SOME similiar acitvities is not even legal.

and keeping it still when it is brought to attention.. give me the feeling "ok take it to court then" while thinking that it might not happen due to the costs..

do we not have ENOUGH of shit in court in the community?  apprenlty not...

Offline utri007

« Reply #25 on: March 08, 2020, 10:38:04 AM »
Of course they canbregister what ever domains they want and tuhat isbperfecly leagal.
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD

Offline trixster

« Reply #26 on: March 08, 2020, 11:10:44 AM »
I consider this to be a pretty silly and divisive move by amigakit, and one which the majority of the community seems to frown upon with good reason. The response from amigakit in this thread has also done nothing to convince me it’s anything other than an attempt to divert custom away from another company. That’s a dick move, as others have said. And I guess in the future I don’t want to give my money to a company which practises that sort of tactic. It’s a shame, but I’ll be spending my money elsewhere unless it becomes apparent that there’s an angle to this story that we’re not seeing.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]A1200 + 80Mhz B1260 + Indi AGA2 + Ide-fix Express | A500 | A3000 + 50Mhz A3660 + CV64 + Deneb + 486SLC + ZorRam
A4000/040 + 66Mhz  Cyberstorm Mk2 + Indi AGA + Voodoo 3 + Sonnet G3 + Deneb + Prisma | SNES | C64 | CPC6128 | MD | 3DO
Acorn A3020 | A3000 | A420/1 | Atom | Master Turbo | BBC B | Atari Falcon + 100Mhz CT60e | PS1 | PS2 | Saturn | Atari Jaguar

Offline Chucky

« Reply #27 on: March 08, 2020, 02:44:52 PM »
amigastore.com aswell..
REALLY?

gheez

suddenly amigapassion.com is going to a white page..  but amigastore.com to amigakit.. hmm isn't amigastore.eu a diffrent place. THIS explains why I a while was confused with amigastore AS amigakit a while ago..

REALLY?

Offline amigakit

« Reply #28 on: March 08, 2020, 02:50:35 PM »
@Chucky

We have been Amiga Kit Amiga Store many years prior to ASB Computer deciding to rebrand in the same vein.  AmigaStore.com domain goes way back to 2004.  We have had significant amount of customers since they rebranded contact us because they had problems confusing their new website with ours.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2020, 02:59:43 PM by amigakit »

Offline Chucky

« Reply #29 from previous page: March 08, 2020, 03:30:35 PM »
Fair enough.  but  checking archive.org  it is only like since 2018 amigastore.com is connected to the amigakit webpage.

while amigastore.eu seems to had a bad configured webserver but appered at 2013  so it is hard to judge..

but according to archive.org amigastore.com was more a link-collection of places to buy amigastuff to suddenly at 2018 be redirected to amigakit.

I also today took notice of one A1200 case with your trademark etc. but not a single word of WHO actually produced the case.  ok it was internally on the plastic.  but not a single note on sticker (original sticker removed)

is this really how we play?

please.   rethink your marketing plan.  you can still market without taking over other persons links/names/credits..    I can say that it is a pretty bad move.

I really started to have this bad feeling when trademarks started to be registered..     and now.  well.   my gut-feeling isn't better :-(

I guess it would be best to explain why amigapassion.com was registered in the first place.  I really want to know the story behind that.
also why a1200.net isn't mentioned on the cases except on the plastic inside? the original cases have a different sticker..

remember it is the small things people notice. and lets do not talk what is legal or not..  this most of us doesn't care about.  but what is fair and "just ok" is a different thing.

but yes!  waiting on the story behind amigapassion.com registration.   I can accept amigastore.com if it is as you said a old domain. (even if it changed meaning in 2018)