Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C64 SD Card Reader  (Read 10357 times)

Description:

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
Re: C64 SD Card Reader
« on: May 26, 2010, 02:35:29 PM »
+1 for Jim's uIEC device here. Met him at the ECCC show in IL last year and he finalized one for me while I was there. Been using it with great success (games only mind you). I've got the JiffyDOS ROM installed too, which in my mind, is an absolute must have. The 1541 Ultimate is supposed to be just that. I wasn't aware of this, but there are a few games and apps that take advantage of the CPU cycles inside a real 1541. So, for maximum compatibility, looks like that product does what it says, but the uIEC is still a kick ass product. Small enough too where you could cut a slit in your case and mount that puppy inside your C= computer somehow  :)

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 06:54:17 PM »
Just remembered a slight "incompatibility" worth mentioning and that's the uIEC device comes standard as device #9. This conflicted with games expecting the standard 1 drive scenario. Not a real problem... all you have to do is type in a command that tells the uIEC that it really is a #8 device. And it stays that way, even after you turn the computer off or reset. The command is found on the uIEC Wiki page IIRC.

Offline save2600

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2010, 07:08:48 PM »
You may be right
I may be crazy
But it just might be a lunatic you're looking for
Turn out the light
Don't try to save me
You may be wrong for all I know
But you may be right

Yeah, #10 I guess it was... DOH!   :lol: