Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: C64 SD Card Reader  (Read 10370 times)

Description:

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
Re: C64 SD Card Reader
« on: May 26, 2010, 02:18:45 PM »
to tone007

Thanks for the tip/endorsement  on uIEC/SD.It is always good to hear from  someone who has used an item before buying one and finding out too late there was a problem.
 $55 is pretty cheap for a modern storage device that will work with a C64.(I know there is the "use an old PC  with adapter cable' but that is clunky and HUGE.)

Jim Brain is scheduled to attend the Cincinnati Commodore Computer Club Expo this Memorial Day weekend ,at the Drawbridge Inn just across the Ohio river from Cincinnati.

I have been planning to buy a 64NIC ,will have to ask Jim if 64NIC and uIEC/SD can coexist.

Someone at last year's Expo had a 1541 Ultimate and that was impressive ,especially compared to old C= 1541 "real" drive.

One ,if not the worst, fault of the C64 /128( and other  home computers of that era) was slow drive access and limited storage.

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: May 26, 2010, 05:07:46 PM »
Well then ,Jim will probably be getting  some of my money in  a few days.

Even if my co-workers laugh at my Commodore hobby.

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2010, 08:41:59 PM »
I mainly use JiffyDos for its much faster drive access routines;$20  or $25 now,but I paid more 15 years ago.JiffyDos makes the Commodore serial drives  work like they should have from the beginning.

Commodore ought to have licensed the JiffyDos for 64 and 128 and drives;then the 8-bit line might have  had another  couple years as a commercial success.

Offline recidivist

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 01:30:23 AM »
That might be  because the daughter cars connects using those  1x13 pins ? look closely at the  two pictures on Brain's website.

I am planning to buy  one of these  uIEC/SD  with daughtercard Saturday.