Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FYI: Grass not so green on the other side  (Read 4429 times)

Description:

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
Re: FYI: Grass not so green on the other side
« on: February 10, 2003, 07:44:26 PM »
@DaveP

I like the post too.
Especially, because the poster re-iterates the concept of being a 'good consumer'.

This market needs more savvy consumers.  Right now, with the boards in limited supply, they are still going at unsustainable and ridiculously high prices.
Those who can't wait, are going to get bit for several hundred dollars....

It's one thing if you can't wait, if I was a developer, I would certainly spend 300-400 dollars too much on a board to get a product a month early...my time is worth it....

but with pre-ordering, you aren't even getting a product, you are both paying a huge premium, and saying you are willing to wait as well....this is just so shocking...why, why, why...I shake my head.

thanks for the post, I think its a good warning.

Offline MarkTime

• Show all replies
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
Re: FYI: Grass not so green on the other side
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2003, 01:41:45 AM »
Although it's kinda neat to see big names in the community participating on public forums

It's more than neat, its what a lot of us want.  I'm not sure I agree with Bill's strategy entirely, or if I even understand all of it.

But I do know the difference between his motivations and mine.  His motivations are his business.  What I want from a CEO is for them to listen to what I have to say.

And for gosh sakes, also want them to do exactly what I tell them at all times.

That last one has been a little more elusive, but one step at a time!

It sounds to me, like you don't want CEO's to talk with you, I can only speculate why, so I wont....but for some reason you are really objecting to it, and the only reasons you give are in terms of Bill's interests and not in terms of yours.....interesting.