Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: FYI: Grass not so green on the other side  (Read 4429 times)

Description:

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show all replies
    • Http://www.ncscaug.us
Re: FYI: Grass not so green on the other side
« on: February 11, 2003, 06:48:31 PM »
You can say what you will, but the posts on morphos.de make a very vivid impression of a CEO turned shoolchild in my mind.

Child 1- Can I play with your new soccer ball?

Child 2- Sure come over here, and give me some money  (child 1 comes over and hand over cash, and afterward child 2 ignores him..."nanananah I'm not listening")

Child 1- You said I could play

Child 2- I never said you could play, go away.  

Child 1- Come on, I paid you to let me play

Child 2- No you didn't, it's my ball and I don't EVER want you to play with it.  GO AWAY!  I don't want anything to do with YOU or ANYONE who thinks like you.  

Ok, very over simplified, but some clear things come to mind when reading the whole nausiating story on morphos.de.  Glad I'm not a Pegasos/Morphos customer.
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2003, 10:01:21 PM »
The expression when I sold cars was "the car you looked at today and are going to buy tomorrow is the car someone else saw yesterday and will buy today." When opportunities present themselves, you must jump on them or else you will loose them. Opportunity only knocks once, and then it's gone. 060's claiming foul, when he has only himself to blame. Other developers and customers that jumped on the opportunity when presented have been rewarded with a pegasos.

You miss the point.  For the CEO of a company to talk to a potential customer in public forums this way is in my opinion completely unacceptable.  It doesn't matter if 060 responded as instructed or if Bill likes him or not.  It should have never come down to what it did.  Bill Buck should have handled the matter in private email, or better still, have someone with proper public relation skills do the job for him.  
North and South Carolina Users interested in a \\\'local\\\' user group should visit NCSC Amiga Users Group page and sign up for membership. It\\\'s free!

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2003, 12:39:59 AM »
Absolutely. I made some negative comments towards Mr. Buck on ann a few days ago and he actually emailed me asking me why I reacted the way I did. I tried to explain to him pretty much what you said above, but I got the feeling that it didn't really sink in.

Well, I've already recieved my 2 PM's from him.  To put it bluntly, he thinks I'm a "jerk" and a "coward".  Ok by me... name calling just re-affirms what I already thought.  I was actually worried about Thendic/Genesi/Bplan being too much competition for Amiga at one point.  Those feelings are now laid to rest.  If they (Amiga/Hyperion/Eyetech) get new product out the door, I'm there.

Shame really.

@Machinehead

I told Chris to hold your order and you would come pick it up.  Let me know when you are coming by, as I go out of shop alot to customer sites.  I can leave money with him or one of the guys in the shop if I can't be there.

Offline Herewegoagain

• Show all replies
Re: The Grass IS greener on THIS side...come on over! :-)
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2003, 01:07:44 PM »
@Herewegoagain, you suggested private email and when you receive it you rejected it. What is the sense of this? BTW, what do you know about being a CEO? Have you ever started a Company? Have you ever managed people? I am not *aggressing* you, I just want to know what your qualifications are to judge me? In the meanwhile, if you become a customer, we can have another discussion.

I never suggested a private email with ME.... I meant to your customer who was complaining with concerns over his "purchase".  So when you pm'd me and said what do you want to talk about, my answer is NOTHING.... I'm not the customer who is disgruntled.

As for the CEO thing, I've never been a Priest either, but I know for sure what conduct to expect of him.  No particular qualifications needed, other than common sense.  It's simple Bill.  :)

And for the record, I've never called you an idiot, jerk, coward, or any other bad thing.  If you want to gain respect, you have to show it first.