Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PowerPC 970 News Letter  (Read 3391 times)

Description:

Offline Seehund

• Show only replies by Seehund
    • http://AmigaPOP.8bit.co.uk/
Re: PowerPC 970 News Letter
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 14, 2002, 02:19:54 AM »
Helgis75 wrote:

The PPC 970 is quite an interesting chip and i guess this will start to be supported when AmigaOS 5 is ready, cause OS5 is going to be a full 64-bit, CPU/Platform-independent SMS OS etc.

Heh. :)
Next time you'd better add a smiley, or some people might think you're not joking.

To set things straight, no, none of Mai's chipsets support the kind of bus speeds that the PPC970 needs to be useful, and nothing is known about the "Magicia" project name besides the planned packaging type. PPC970 support? :D

The preliminary specs for the forthcoming Articia P states AGP4x and DDR333, which isn't particularly impressive, even today, not to mention when it finally will be released. One can always hope that this will be revised in time...

Pam Han the man behind Mai? I'm not sure of how she'd take your joke; if she'd be insulted to be called a man, or be flattered by being promoted from handling marketing and sales to being the founder and/or CEO of the company. :)

Believe me, i know! I have asked both Ben Herman and Fleecy Moss, and i have been reading about Alan Redhouse's comment to his.

LOL! Good one, Helge! :) An excellent summary of the way some people unfortunately seem to "reason".

Mai has made it clear that the fixed Articia S-chip in AmigaOne now works completely, and there is NO more problems with it! Genetic was NEVER part of this solved fix!

Heh! Keep 'em coming! :D

(If someone was confused by the joke, Mai has said nothing in public about the bugs in the Articia S, but phase5 (Gerald Carda to be specific) allegedly made the bugfixes in close cooperation with Mai, which hardly would be surprising. The TeronCX (a.k.a. "AmigaOne SE") will be sold with another workaround (probably in January), and possibly later with either the April "surfboard" mounted or an upgraded revision of the Articia S).

The OS5 is top secret-stuffs, but i can tell you that it should be ready sometime at the end of 2003, accorded to what Fleecy has told me :-)

ROTFL! :D
Thanks! There really should be a Humour forum category on amiga.org.
[color=0000FF]Maybe it\\\'s still possible to [/color]save AmigaOS [color=0000FF][/size][/color]  :rtfm:......

Offline Helgis75

• Show only replies by Helgis75
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2002, 12:35:14 PM »
Firstly, i wasn't aware that Pam must have been a woman, but i do have contact to the person. I have the person's email-address, which is simply pam@mai.com

Articia MP is the next one after Articia P, and i was told that this one will support DDR-2 and 8x AGP, so just relax folks. Some people may think things like DDR/DDR-2 and 4x/8x AGP with PPC is bad. I tell you, this is WRONG. Combined with the best in PowerPC, this should really be awesome...

It's true that we may not see the PPC 970 being supported for quite a while. Although, this will happen in OS5, and i am not kidding...

I only add smileys to show how nice a person i am. I also have contact to Fleecy Moss and Ben Herman.

Pam Han is really a manager leader of Mai Logic. She is one of the top leaders there, and she really brings me information about the controller chips..

Some stated that Magicia is untrue. This is not. Both Articia MP and Magicia are under development. You can see this in www.mai.com, and click Chipset, and you will see for yourself. This is no joke...

So for one of you who think i am joking, then think again...Hope i have made this clear now..

Again, see you in the future... :-)
Helgis - AMIGA DEFINITELY makes it all possible!!!

Offline Helgis75

Re: AmigaOS 5.0 still a top-secret stuff...
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2002, 12:46:00 PM »
This is actually true. AmigaOS 5.0 is really a top-secret stuff so far. We only know what has been told about it, nothing more, but it's going to be very interesting...I really look forward to that.

It really helps to have close contact to people like Fleecy Moss, Ben Herman and Pam Han. Fleecy even talks to Alan Redhouse about things i want to know from him..Anyway, it just gets better and better...

Offline Helgis75

« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2002, 06:00:31 PM »
Understand one thing. Genesi will NEVER have anything to do with AmigaOnes' PPC-controller chips problem! As many of you may know, Mai has a very close relationship to both Amiga, Eyetech and Hyperion. Hyperion solved the problem with Mai, in term of a software-fix from Hyperion themselves. The PPCBoot firmware can have much to say about this. Genesi is ONLY part of BPlan's solution for their Pegasos boards. Eyetech and Hyperion have together with Mai done more for the Linux community than BPlan has ever done. That's for sure..

You claim to say that the DDR and 4x/8x AGP issue isn't impressive. You seem to forget that most of today's PC actually use this new technology, and now the PowerPC-platform, too! Look at Apples' latest PowerMac G4-systems running at 1.5Ghz. They have DDR and 4x AGP, and i can tell you they run many times more faster than they did with the old DIMM-technology! And now that PC is soon to use the second generation DDR (DDR-2) and more of the 8x AGP, it's natural that the PPC will follow the same path, as this is the future direction! So again, i don't really see a problem here, and i guess nobody elses really see the problem either! This is just brilliant news, and it only gets better all the time!

Think about this the next time you have something to say in order to better understand the real picture, and this is NO joke! This is true fact! Like it or hate it!

Offline zacman

• Show only replies by zacman
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2002, 09:40:59 PM »
>This only affects Pegasos, NOT AmigaOne! Believe
>me, i know! I have asked both Ben Herman and
>Fleecy Moss

Ah, ok!  :-D

Ever thought of becoming a professional comedian?

Offline Helgis75

« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2002, 10:05:04 PM »
This is no comedy. How do you think i know these people's email-address? They are actually fleecy@amiga.com and pamh@mai.com.

So it's true. If you are a real Amigan, then you would have know this already.

Offline Nick

• Show only replies by Nick
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2002, 10:53:30 AM »
Doesn`t anybody believe anybody else anymore?