Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Green screen of death.  (Read 7638 times)

Description:

Offline willblokeTopic starter

• Show only replies by willbloke
Re: Green screen of death.
« Reply #29 from previous page: June 27, 2011, 09:34:05 PM »
Ha !

I work in IT as well , look after about 35 PCs and about 30 Macs ish , but this is much more fun.

Got a placement student who is slightly underwhelmed with the power of an Amiga , until I point out that it's older than him !

There's some kind of perverse pleasure in breathing new life into an old computer .

Offline motrucker

« Reply #30 on: June 28, 2011, 03:36:25 AM »
Just out of curiosity, How was the green screen problem resolved. If that was mentioned, I missed it.
A2000 GVP 40MHz \'030, 21Mb RAM SD/FF, 2 floppies, internal CD-ROM drive, micromys v3 w/laser mouse
A1000 Microbotics Starboard II w/2Mb 1080, & external floppy (AIRdrive)
C-128 w/1571, 1750, & Final Cartridge III+

« Reply #31 on: June 28, 2011, 09:39:08 AM »
Quote from: motrucker;647416
Just out of curiosity, How was the green screen problem resolved. If that was mentioned, I missed it.

The A1200 just decided it was happy after all !

I haven't had another look at the A500 as I had to pinch the floppy to get the A1200 going !

Whilst in the loft last night I did find my old A590 , somewhere there should be another A500 to go with it , I doubt if the HD will boot after all these years , but I will try and see if I can get it going .

Offline J-Golden

• TOP SECRET USER!!!
    • Show only replies by J-Golden
    • http://about.me/J.Golden
« Reply #32 on: June 28, 2011, 10:22:23 AM »
I'm glad to hear everything is coming together!

What are you going to do with all the other goodies?  I saw you mention an A600 and a A1200 tower?  Those sounds cool and I'd like to know what you got in them.

Hardware specs. are my CRACK!:roflmao:
AMIGA: (NOUN) THE FIRST COMPUTER THAT BRIDGED THE GAP BETWEEN HUMANITY AND TECHNOLOGY.

I'm a dyslectic, phonetic spelling English Major. It's funny 'cause it's TRUE!:roflmao:

WWBD?

« Reply #33 on: June 28, 2011, 11:48:21 AM »
Quote from: J-Golden;647449
I'm glad to hear everything is coming together!

What are you going to do with all the other goodies?  I saw you mention an A600 and a A1200 tower?  Those sounds cool and I'd like to know what you got in them.

Hardware specs. are my CRACK!:roflmao:

Well , as I had to go over to the dark side in 95 , I never really got into the PPC accelerators and all the rest of the clones/off shoots .

I haven't found the video cable for the tower yet , but from memory it was a plain jane A1200 , with I think an 030 accelerator, 4M RAM, hard drive , 2 floppies and CD-ROM , with an external MIDI interface fitted inside the PC case .
It was never very pretty , because the A1200 is quite long the case was really old and ugly , but worked  ok.

Somewhere I have an A2000 that I was given , not sure if it worked , but I used the keyboard from that for the A1200 tower .

I bought a load of stuff off a guy who used to fix Amigas , that's how I ended up with the A600 , no floppy , might try and see if it'll boot off another floppy ?

I've also got my old A500 with A590 , that's not been run for so long I doubt it'll spin up .
Found a GVP sidecar RAM/HD expansion as well , not sure if that works .
Somewhere I've got a CDTV , but the drive is knackered , I seem to remember that I modded it to work with standard Amiga mouse and keyboard ??

The A1200 that I'm playing with at work at the moment was given to me years back and has sat unloved in a cupboard , the floppies duff , but I've temporarily stuck an A500 floppy in it , the keyboard is also knackered , some lines of the switching are shot so only certain keys work .

I've not found the A2000 yet , I moved house 9 years ago , hope I didn't throw it away .

I also found a few original Commodore service/repair manuals , A500 , A600 , A590 , there's a box of stuff I haven't gone through yet !