Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Anyone Here Still Use Or Talk About The Amiga ???  (Read 8314 times)

Description:

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
Re: Anyone Here Still Use Or Talk About The Amiga ???
« Reply #89 from previous page: March 19, 2011, 04:31:42 AM »
Franko he hasn't replied to our posts we are making about him. I think he has blocked us! :madashell:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline FrankoTopic starter

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #90 on: March 19, 2011, 04:32:32 AM »
@ smerf

You didn't manage to get OS4.0 running, why not !!!, I thought you had it all working ages ago... :(

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #91 on: March 19, 2011, 04:33:45 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;623005
Why? :confused:

@Kesa

Because I want to know if they are using one of the newer ones or one of the classics and Franko is probably right it will probably be either an A1200 or an A500, because I forgot them, I know it isn't an A600 since nobody back in the day they came out considered them a real Amiga, we all considered them as a cut down low cost piece of trash.

Only Franko would notice that.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

« Reply #92 on: March 19, 2011, 04:34:08 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;623014
Franko he hasn't replied to our posts we are making about him. I think he has blocked us! :madashell:

Nah, he's so old half deaf and half blind and with his arthritic fingers it takes him two weeks to type something... :)

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #93 on: March 19, 2011, 04:40:07 AM »
Quote from: Franko;623018
Nah, he's so old half deaf and half blind and with his arthritic fingers it takes him two weeks to type something... :)

OK we need to find someone else to pick on then... :hammer:

Offline smerf

« Reply #94 on: March 19, 2011, 04:49:34 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;623014

Hi,

@Kesa & Franko,

No, I haven't blocked you out, I almost blacked out from laughing so hard.

A piece of bread, and a dead guinny buried badly.

LOL, LOL, LOFL,

but

it is my pet guinny hiding under the straw, but Franko you were a lot closer than Kesa because Jenny is dead, but she is buried out in the yard with her own head stone. She was the sweetest most behaved ginny I ever had. She was smart too!!! you could sit her on the table, give her her food, and she would wait until everyone sat down to eat before she started. Will miss her indeed.

Hey Franko old friend, found out what was causing my A4000 not to work, about a year and a half ago I bought a buddha board from Amigakit, while I was installing it I was eating a snickers bar, guess what I found my snickers bar, it was resting on top of my 68040 CPU. Spent all day licking the snickers off the cpu, dried it out and it works perfectly now.

Last night I tried again to install OS4.0 on my A1200, tried hitting the escape key on the A1200 when turning it on and cannot get the computer to see the PPC rom, I may have to go back to a regular hard drive and disable my CF drive. Will see, I haven't given up yet, would of gotten to it today, but licking a snicker bar off my CPU took a lot of time.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

Offline smerf

« Reply #95 on: March 19, 2011, 04:51:10 AM »
Quote from: Franko;623018

Hi,

@ Franko,

I represent that remark

smerf

« Reply #96 on: March 19, 2011, 04:54:53 AM »
Awe, sorry about Jenny I've got 6 wee grave stones at the bottom of me garden where my pet hamsters are buried, although my sister says I should really wait till they die first before burying them, ah well we live & learn I suppose... :(

Gonna give you a quick PM about OS4.0, hang about a tick... :)

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #97 on: March 19, 2011, 05:00:32 AM »
Quote from: smerf;623023

Hey Franko old friend, found out what was causing my A4000 not to work, about a year and a half ago I bought a buddha board from Amigakit, while I was installing it I was eating a snickers bar, guess what I found my snickers bar, it was resting on top of my 68040 CPU. Spent all day licking the snickers off the cpu, dried it out and it works perfectly now.

I just spit ginger ale on my keyboard you bastard

« Reply #98 on: March 19, 2011, 05:09:18 AM »
Hi Smerf... :)

All done... Rivet, Rivet... ;)

Cheers

Franko

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
« Reply #99 on: March 19, 2011, 05:09:45 AM »
Quote from: runequester;623028

why would someone spit on their own amiga? You sir are a disgrace... :madashell:

Offline smerf

« Reply #100 on: March 19, 2011, 05:40:55 AM »
Quote from: runequester;623028

Hi,

Sorry about that, know all about that stuff, you take a swig, and it gets in your nose starts to bubble and you spit it everywhere, been there done that.

but

On a happy note, you can buy an Amiga PS2 keyboard module from Amigakit and can use cheap PS2 keyboards on your miggy. Bought one last year I sure did when I had the same thing happen to me, I spit pepsi all over my Amiga keyboard, checked on ebay for another one and found out they where going for $49 and up. So I went to Amigakit, bought a lyra module plugged in one of my old PS keyboards in it and have been happy ever since.

AND

Just think if you happen to spit on your keyboard again, you just lost a cheap, highly replaceable keyboard.

But never, and I mean never place a snickers on your 68040 board, those damn things get hot.

smerf

Offline cha05e90

• Show only replies by cha05e90
    • http://www.ruthe.info
« Reply #101 on: March 19, 2011, 08:23:05 AM »
Ok, and now something totally irrelevant, 'cos it's ON-TOPIC:

Yes, I do. My Commodore Amiga 2000 systems are fired up and used at minimum once a week. Not much talk about them, 'cos they just run. Most regular update: Peter's icon.library. which helps especially my 68030-based A2000 to cope with it's 8Bit-PicassoII-P96-Workbench.

If I assume my so-called "Amiga NG" systems as Amigas (Bplan PegasosII, ACube SAM440ep) then it's "yes, too". In contrast to my 68k-Amigas they are used daily - sometimes both of them, sometimes one of them. And I talk about them very often, 'cos there's a lot of things going on and a lot to learn.
X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000

Offline LordSpunky

• Show only replies by LordSpunky
    • http://www.tristancobb.co.uk
« Reply #102 on: March 19, 2011, 08:47:29 AM »
@Franko - I may do at some point....I'll take some more photos for you.
I will be on your RetrObright post at some point asking you EXACTLY how to mix and apply the paste.........;)

@smerf - That Apple product is a 27" iMac Intel i5 Quad Core running Mac OS & Windows 7 - I wanted an Amiga background found the OS4 one and use that.......just to remind me everyday how much I love them!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Main Two Systems:
Commodore Amiga 4000D - 3.1 ROM\'s / Workbench 3.1/5/9 / 2MB ChipRAM / 16MB FastRAM / Cyberstorm2 68040 @40MHz, 128MB FastRAM / Picasso MKIV / 4GB CF-IDE HDD / X-Surf 100 & RapidRoad / CD-ROM
Amiga Inc. Amiga 1200 - 3.1 ROM\'s / Workbench 3.1 / 2MB ChipRAM / 8MB FastRAM / 4GB CF-IDE HDD

Commodore
Pet 4016-N / C-VIC20 x3 / C-64 x3 / C-64C x3 / C128 x2 / C16 / C-Plus/4
Commodore Amiga
A1000 / A500 x5 / A500 Plus / A600 x5 / A1200 x4 / A1500 x2 / CD32 / CDTV