Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Directly at Franko......  (Read 5816 times)

Description:

Offline Arkhan

• Show only replies by Arkhan
    • http://www.aetherbyte.com
Re: Directly at Franko......
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2011, 04:41:45 AM »
Quote from: Kesa;604782
I'm sorry i'm completely lost. Why is Franko deleting his posts? And why is someone harrassing him? :confused:

He deleted his thread on large hds on a floppy disk. Why? it was a good idea :confused:

cause some cockpump was trolling him and being a tool, so now Franko looks like he may be done and leaving.

I SAY WE LYNCH THE OTHER GUY
I am a negative, rude, prick.  

"Aetherbyte: My fledgling game studio!":  << Probably not coming to an Amiga near you because you all suck! :roflmao:

Offline Bigbronc

• Show only replies by Bigbronc
    • http://www.AnyNameAnyState.com
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2011, 05:23:56 AM »
Franko you keep me coming back, most of your post are what I read, and also I want to be Darth Amiga Vadar in this strange Amiga Star wars thing going on, O yeah and Franko Fu*k em we need you here.
:python:

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2011, 05:47:59 AM »
Hi,

Darn It,

I leave for a couple of days and ya all run Franko off,

Man,

Not enough real Amiga people the way it is, and the buffoon that probably ran him off is probably a MAC user. They are the only ones that are ignorant enough to do it.

Couldn't of been a PC user because they are too busy trying to keep their machines going.

Hey Franko, if you are looking at this then look, and read, you gonna let some idiot run you off one of your favorite things. By the way, OS4 just won't work on my machine for some reason. I don't know sort of gave up on the Amiga 1200 for now, but the good news is my freind gave me just about 90% of the programs ever made for the Amiga. Been playing them, sort of got lost back in the old days of real computing. The thing that really torques me off is he gave me Dpaint V but the code is missing. One of the programs I really wanted to see run and I have it it installed on the Amiga, just can't use it, DARN YOU EA.

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline Pentad

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2011, 05:53:38 AM »
I'm very sorry to read that Franko is leaving or has left.   For such a small community, Amiga.org has an unusually high troll ratio compared to other sites that I'm on.

I really enjoyed Franko's posts and his videos on using his Amiga was really great.  

There are only a few people on the 'net that I would really enjoy buying a drink and talking technology and Franko was one of them.

-P
Linux User (Arch & OpenSUSE TW) - WinUAE via WINE

Offline smerf

• Show only replies by smerf
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2011, 05:55:16 AM »
Hi, again

You know what really gets me mad,

Some low life gets on here and runs off Franko, and he was just about ready to crack and tell me the secret of what Scotts really wear under their kilts!!!

You guys aren't funny anymore

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline Retro_71

• Show only replies by Retro_71
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2011, 06:03:13 AM »
Who is the Numnut??? i have email him and pm him i hope he comes back. I was one of the people he was helping and he knows so much.. i want to belt the guy....
A Chameleon and 1541 II ultimate II
2 x C=64, 2 x C64C, C128 (jiffydos), C128D, 3 x A500 (1 x 030),
A1000, 2 x A2000 (GVP 040 + SCSI combo + indivision), A3000 GVP IV24 & Emplant
3 x A1200 (1 x 030, Indivision and IDE-Fix with 40 GB HDD & DVD Burner)
2 x A4000 (4060, Deneb, Indivsion), CD32.
2 x Apple IIe and A IIGS (Various new cards), + 3 x Megadrives (CD and 32), 2 x Saturns, and a dreamcast.. :D

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2011, 07:33:05 AM »
erm... has Franko actually left? If you read the first post of this thread you will see we have maybe gone over the top?
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline Digiman

• Show only replies by Digiman
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2011, 07:43:23 AM »
Well he deleted most of his posts so I guess he has had enough.

Probably a good time to point out to the mods here we need a short time limit for editing privileges to prevent threads being ruined when people do this.

Offline Homer

• Show only replies by Homer
    • http://www.graingerweb.net
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2011, 08:51:18 AM »
I miss Franko already :(

Who did what though ? I can find some of his deleted posts, but not what upset him.

Bring back Franko !!
Let X = X
{(c) Laurie Anderson}

Offline Kesa

• Ninja Fruit Slasher
    • Show only replies by Kesa
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2011, 09:34:44 AM »
he did the same with his website http://www.commodorescotland.com as well. He's closed it down :confused:
Even my cat doesn\'t like me.

Offline crawff

• Show only replies by crawff
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2011, 09:39:20 AM »
What happened then?

I thought Franko was thick skinned and wouldn't leave here

Offline TiredOLife

• Show only replies by TiredOLife
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2011, 10:42:25 AM »
The Scots aren't that easily chased off.
I'msure he will be back after the traditional meal of haggis and deep fried mars bar washed down    with scotch in iron bru.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2011, 12:00:03 PM »
I liked Franko as much as the next guy, but quit being such a girl over one guy who was acting like a tosser. We were all obviously in your corner during the stupidity. If that's all it takes to make him sod off then the dress (kilt) is appropriate :P

This is of course assuming it's a reaction to what we all seem to think it is.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2011, 12:23:32 PM by fishy_fiz »
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2011, 12:23:16 PM »
Whilst I can't disclose specific details of a private message, I can say that as far as I am aware, Franko's decision to leave is not due to any negative exchange with anybody else here or any ill-feelings about the site. It seems he just wants to return to a quieter life without the web.

Now, it's unfortunate that he's decided to erase his contribution here by editing away his own posts (I did suggest that this was rather futile due to quoting and would leave threads in a mess) but users are allowed to edit their posts and so he's totally within his rights to do so.

Suffice to say it's not site policy to delete user accounts (save the odd purge of long-inactive members), so the door remains open if he has a change of heart.
int p; // A

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2011, 12:28:39 PM »
I dont buy it myself, mostly due to the deletion of his posts, which suggests more of a hissy fit than a simple decision to call it quits.

Oh well, to each his own as they say.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline Karlos

• Sockologist
  • Global Moderator
    • Show only replies by Karlos
« Reply #29 from previous page: January 08, 2011, 12:32:00 PM »
I agree the behaviour doesn't seem reasonable but he came across as perfectly sanguine by PM.
int p; // A