Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: X1000 Processor confirmed as PA Semi  (Read 5047 times)

Description:

Offline slaapliedje

• Lifetime Member
    • Show all replies
Re: X1000 Processor confirmed as PA Semi
« on: December 22, 2010, 11:32:55 PM »
What really needs to happen (in my not so humble opinion) is that someone needs to make some new accelerators with these new Freescale processors for the classic Amigas, so that at least there might be some semi-affordable PPC boards so that OS4.x could actually have a larger install base.

Right now with most Amiga owners who hadn't been fortunate enough to get a PPC accelerator, they are stuck at 3.9 as the latest, or possibly Aros 68k once that gets up to scratch.

I would love to get a PPC for my A4000D, but the prices (when you can find them) are simple extortion, especially when you consider it will only really allow OS4.x and a small amount of PPC only software (well maybe there is more software that requires a PPC than I know of, but still for the price of the used ones out there, it can make an Amiga fan cry...)

So bring on some new accelerators for the Classics to make OS4.1 Classic worth making and if it is more on par with the X1000 all the better.

Really, I already have a Mediator, Radeon 9250, etc for my A4000, I just don't have any accelerator in it!

slaapliedje
A4000D: Mediator 4000Di; Voodoo 3, ZorRAM 128MB, 10/100mb Ethernet, Spider 2. Cyberstorm PPC 060/50 604e/420.