Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Aros coming to Rasberry Pi Video Introduction  (Read 6987 times)

Description:

Offline bbond007

• Show all replies
Re: Aros coming to Rasberry Pi Video Introduction
« on: March 09, 2012, 11:30:42 PM »
Quote from: AmigaClassicRule;683103
WOW! I do not think I need to buy any AmigaOS 4.1 or morphOS this is it and I can use it on my PC without buying extra hardwares! I have some questions to ask:

3) Can it be installed on a 64 bit motherboard or am I still forced to install it on a 32 bit hardware?

6) If I develop apps for the AROS can I easily compile it for other Amiga platforms?

I know it can be run on a 64BIT MB as I have run it on mine, however I believe it is a 32bit binary and may not even benefit if it was recompiled 64bit anyway. Also, that might interfere with porting apps... having a 64bit integers and pointers by default.

I'm just learning the Intuition API and getting my sea legs there, so maybe I'm not the best to answer, but I'm running into AROS documentation quite a bit and the API's calls I'm using are pretty much identical. Screens, ViewPorts, RasterPorts, Windows, etc... I would think (for me anyway) the biggest challenge would be switching to gcc vs SAS, and I think gcc is probably more relaxed.. you'll just use gcc for classic so you won't run into any issues. I did get something for MorphOS to compile for AOS 3.X and the biggest issues I ran into were with MUI... unrelated I guess...

also if your app start out writing something like a new physics engine on AROS, then port to classic 68K, I think you are going to have some issues with performance.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2012, 11:35:19 PM by bbond007 »