Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: eMac 1.25 vs Mac Mini 1.25  (Read 4198 times)

Description:

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
Re: eMac 1.25 vs Mac Mini 1.25
« Reply #14 from previous page: September 13, 2011, 10:44:34 PM »
ugh, my state of finances aren't anywhere near what I thought. Let Haywire have at it. Sorry

Offline XDelusion

• Alien Breeder
    • Show only replies by XDelusion
    • http://starwarslegacy.net/
« Reply #15 on: September 13, 2011, 11:49:36 PM »
From personal experience...

If you see an eMac, RUN! :)
Earth has a lot of things other folks might want... like the whole planet. And maybe these folks would like a few changes made, like more carbon dioxide in the atmosphere and room for their way of life. - William S. Burroughs

Offline Reptile

• Show only replies by Reptile
« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2011, 02:56:13 PM »
Hi, being a Mac user for 8 years I couldn't help but notice this thread which discusses my first experience of owning a Mac.

I bought my eMac G4 back in October 2003, it came with a 1GHz G4, though it's downfall was the measly 128Megabytes RAM it was shipped with - poor even back then, 60 gigabyte hard disk - pretty decent at the time I remember, OS X 10.2 Jaguar, and I think it had 32 Megabytes graphics memory.
The good thing was - despite popular myth, upgrading RAM on the Mac is very easy and when I'd came to sell it in 2007 it had a respectable for the time 768Mb.

During the four years I owned it, the power was almost contantly switched on - the screen getting very hot for long periods of time - and it still worked fine.
It never failed on me once - the only thing happening during the four years was a kernel panic, and that was it. Not once did I lose any data, or the hard drive fail.

The screen also was working fine after being very hot for most of those four years.

I later upgraded it to 768Mb, and compared to the iMac II - it's sister model at the time - the eMac had by far the better screen display.

So I would like to politely emphasise my knowledge that the eMac was a great and capable computer - and would still be fine for basic web surfing / office work to this day.... and after using a PC for years it was a comforting experience not having to worry about hardware failures.

I shall crawl back into my lair now. :laughing:
So The World May Know....
Apple iMac 21.5" Core 2 Duo 3GHz, 4Gb, 500Gb HD,
Amiga 500 Plus, 6Mb, 3x floppy power!