Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Windoze multi-tasking?  (Read 1450 times)

Description:

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: Windoze multi-tasking?
« on: March 19, 2009, 10:04:55 PM »
Hi,

I also got a 1.1 ghz laptop running windows xp, it is slower than an Amiga with a fried 68000 chip, but I also have a Q6600, quad core, this thing flies, WinUAE is really slick, and Windows VISTA flies when it ain't crashed. This computer also has Ubuntu Linux on it and hasn't crashed or even burped, I use it for anything I want to keep, I use VISTA for games only and I use WinUAE for both games and record keeping, the only thing wrong with WinUAE is when VISTA crashes so does it, but lets get real a 700 mhz PC went out of style 10 years ago, even the new baby laps are faster. I also installed Windows 7 on my quad, so far I like it, it boots up faster than my A4000 and seems pretty stable, I do have a slight problem with Internet Explorer on Windows 7 but I am sure this bug will be fixed when they bring out the edition that they are going to sell.

Yes I still like the Amiga, it was a great computer and still is a great computer, but it is starting to show its age. What I liked most about the Amiga were the people who wrote programs for it, the music, the challenge video movies and the attitude of the Amiga people, no other computer will ever have this type of following except for the Commodore 64.

Hot Rodding an Amiga is just like hot rodding an old car, it never dies, just gets better with age and than one day the old parts crash and you have to junk it, but you will always remember that joy that it brought you

smerf
I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better

Offline smerf

• Show all replies
Re: Windoze multi-tasking?
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 10:14:27 PM »
Hi,

@Stormlord

HAHA!!!

Hey engineer, my choo choo is broken can you fix it.

No one will ever know, they are still calculating it.

If engineers actually worked on everything they designed they would quit

How can you tell an engineer from a technician?
The Tech. knows what he is doing.

I once asked an engineer a question, it has been 5 years know and he is still working on the answer. Maybe one of these days we will actually eat dinner.

smerf

I have no idea what your talking about, so here is a doggy with a small pancake on his head.

MorphOS is a MAC done a little better