Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Internet software issues  (Read 1020 times)

Description:

Offline bradhansen1Topic starter

• Show only replies by bradhansen1
Internet software issues
« on: November 28, 2022, 10:14:08 PM »
HI All, I have just done a new OS3.2 install on my Amiga A1200 on CF IDE card. And then updated with BestClassicWB.
Every things is running fine, did a clean install. Then I install "EasyNetPro" from CD and added iBrowse 2.4 and 2.5.5. Also
AmiFTP and 2 versions of AWEB. I have never really had a problem with "EasyNetPro" as long as it is setup correctly and I am
able to go into it and do a Ping with no lost packets. But when I try to run iBrowse or AWeb, I can see the data from the site loading
but when it finishes I only have a blank page in my Browser, no matter which one.  Also AmiFTP will not connect to Aminet even
though it always has, just hangs there now.  Could be two different issues, like the port number for making an FTP connection.
Could someone help me please and explain what could be going on.  Would be a great help to me.
Thank you,
Brad Hansen

Offline AndyFC

Re: Internet software issues
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2022, 04:51:52 PM »
I'm interested to know what you are able to ping successfully, as that may offer a big clue. I tested with my A1200 and even with the network cable unplugged I can fire up Miami DX and successfully ping the address assigned to the network card. Are you able to ping something else on your network e.g. your router or anything out on the Internet?

Continuing with the network unplugged if I then try to load up a web page in Aweb I get a blank screen but nothing indicating that anything was downloaded. Ibrowse looks like it's trying to do something and eventually gives me a DNS error.
A1200 in DIY Tower. 3.2 ROMs (softkicking 3.2.2), OS 3.2.2 with ClassicWB, CF card, CD RW and IDE to SD adapter running off the internal IDE port (using the A4000 4-port IDE adapter from Amigakit), Pistorm 32 lite with Pi4/2GB/Emu68 or Blizzard 1230-IV, with 32MB 60ns RAM and 50MHz 68882 FPU. 3COM PCMCIA Network card running with Miami DX.
MorphOS on PowerMac G5 and ATI 9600 pro