Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Looking for someone to help me convert ancient Amiga animation to frames  (Read 2269 times)

Description:

Offline MdloomisTopic starter

• Show only replies by Mdloomis
Greetings!
I'm hoping someone here can help a guy out.  I have some old floppy discs (the plastic case type w/ sliding door) that contain some early animations that I created on the Amiga (using Imagine, I believe).   The Amiga, the software, and any way to read the floppy discs are long gone from my possession, but I would love to recover the files and convert the animations to modern formats to be playable on modern machines.  If I had the individual frames in current formats like tiff, jpeg, or nearly any modern image format, I do have the capability to assemble them myself as animations in the formats I desire. 

I'm not looking for instructions how to accomplish this.  Instead, I seek someone who would be willing to take the floppy and actually do the conversions for me.  I'm no longer an Amiga user, but ihat machine certainly holds a place in my heart as my first computer, and what actually became the start of a career as an animator.

If there is anyone up for the challenge, please respond.  We can discuss compensation.

Michael

Offline Matt_H

Please tell us where you’re located as that will make finding someone to help much easier.

But this *is* something you can do yourself. There are several reasonably priced devices on the market now that can turn Amiga disks into disk images that you can use in an emulator. Once that’s done it’s all a simple matter of software.

Offline MdloomisTopic starter

• Show only replies by Mdloomis
I'm in Auburn, CA, USA.

Offline SACC-guy

Check out sacc.org

and/or

come to a SACC meeting (fourth sunday of the month)

we have several members who might help

Offline HGC

• Show only replies by <s>HGC</s>
Re: Looking for someone to help me convert ancient Amiga animation to frames
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2022, 12:30:23 AM »
I live in Oregon, so I am close to you.  If you still need help with this, mail me the disk and I will extract the frames for you using my Amiga 2000 setup.  I can then burn the files to a CD and mail it and the original disk back to you.  No charge, you just pay the shipping.   :)

Offline amije

• Show only replies by amije
Re: Looking for someone to help me convert ancient Amiga animation to frames
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2022, 10:03:01 PM »
as far as i remember imagine can render directly in jpg frames so
if you have the projects you or someone else can render them again.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2022, 10:04:27 PM by amije »