Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ScummVM AGA v1.2.0  (Read 8394 times)

Description:

Offline NovaCoderTopic starter

Re: ScummVM AGA v1.2.0
« Reply #29 from previous page: December 17, 2010, 05:33:15 AM »
Quote from: Xanxi;599414
Thanks for the job Novacoder :)

I have tried the 060 AGA version. ScummVM launchs, i have added 2 games (Monkey 1 and Monkey 2) but when i start a game i got only a white screen (with scanlines through the indivision) and nothing happens.
I have latest AHI. I tried ScummVM with default settings or some settings about the sound without success.

Did i miss something?

Hiya,

What music device to you have selected under your AHI prefs?   Sounds like it's having a problem loading the games or maybe with the audio?  Try this demo -> Simon the Sorcerer 1 (DOS demo) which I know plays ok.

Also, did you read the ScummVM readme yet?

What OS are you running BTW?

You could give this a try to see if it helps but I don't think that's why you're having issues:

This application doesn't 'bang the hw', it's actually a proper multi-tasking friendly WB application and therefore uses WB screen modes which you might not have setup correctly. Can you display wb using the 'MultiScan' + 'VGA only' monitor drivers on your display? Move both of these from storage/monitors and stick them in devs/monitors, after a reboot go to your display settings and try MultiScan 640x480 in 256 colors (test first before saving your changes!). After you choose MultiScan as your monitor driver you'll probably notice that your WB isn't correctly centered on your display, this is because you need to go into your Overscan prefs and fine tune it (graphics/text), make sure your WB screen is fully displayed and then run ScummVM AGA again. This time ScummVM should also be centered and fully visible ;)
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 06:10:44 AM by NovaCoder »
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline AmigaMance

• Show only replies by AmigaMance
« Reply #30 on: December 17, 2010, 06:42:21 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;599410
Hiya,

Are you talking about the RTG version?

What sound card have you got (if any)?

Not all games are supported yet (as stated in the readme).   You can check here, basically only LucasArts games and Adventuresoft/Horrorsoft games are supported currently.

Yes, the RTG one. No sound card.
A1200 PPC user.

Offline Xanxi

• Show only replies by Xanxi
« Reply #31 on: December 18, 2010, 11:54:04 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;599415
Hiya,

What music device to you have selected under your AHI prefs?   Sounds like it's having a problem loading the games or maybe with the audio?  Try this demo -> Simon the Sorcerer 1 (DOS demo) which I know plays ok.

Also, did you read the ScummVM readme yet?

What OS are you running BTW?

You could give this a try to see if it helps but I don't think that's why you're having issues:

This application doesn't 'bang the hw', it's actually a proper multi-tasking friendly WB application and therefore uses WB screen modes which you might not have setup correctly. Can you display wb using the 'MultiScan' + 'VGA only' monitor drivers on your display? Move both of these from storage/monitors and stick them in devs/monitors, after a reboot go to your display settings and try MultiScan 640x480 in 256 colors (test first before saving your changes!). After you choose MultiScan as your monitor driver you'll probably notice that your WB isn't correctly centered on your display, this is because you need to go into your Overscan prefs and fine tune it (graphics/text), make sure your WB screen is fully displayed and then run ScummVM AGA again. This time ScummVM should also be centered and fully visible ;)

Thanks for those tips NovaCoder.

My AHI setup (latest v6) is set so that Unit 0 is Paula 8 bits +++

I have installed Multiscan and VGAOnly and setup the overscan. I have to thank you about that as i have discovered some OSD menus on my monitor that is was not aware of and i have been able to greatly increase my overscan for my usual HighRes PAL mode with the Indivision.

However, it's still no good for SCUMMVM, for both Monkey and Simon Demon.
I also have a previous SCUMMVM AGA port from you with no sound and it is working with the Monkey games (but of course without sound).

Any more clue?
I'm running OS3.1 by the way.

Even if it does not work for me, i just want to tell you that i greatly appreciate your work about SCUMM VM. :)
10 Classic Amiga Computers so far: I have too many computers!!

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #32 on: December 18, 2010, 04:31:02 PM »
Quote from: Xanxi;599414
Thanks for the job Novacoder :)

I have tried the 060 AGA version. ScummVM launchs, i have added 2 games (Monkey 1 and Monkey 2) but when i start a game i got only a white screen (with scanlines through the indivision) and nothing happens.
I have latest AHI. I tried ScummVM with default settings or some settings about the sound without success.

Did i miss something?

I'm experiencing this problem, too. After starting Fate of Atlantis, I get a white screen and the system hangs/crashes. Any other ideas?

The RTG version is working, but it's too slow for me, sadly.

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2010, 02:15:29 AM »
That's strange.   Are both of you guys trying the 060 version?   If so try the 030 version to see if that doesn't any better.   I can't think why you would be getting a white screen, esp if an older version ran ok on your system.

For RTG performance issues, have you tried to disable the music and/or reducing the audio rate right down to say 11k (within the ScummVM UI and NOT via the AHI prefs), you also have to restart for the changes to take effect!
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline Xanxi

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2010, 03:17:51 PM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;599842
That's strange.   Are both of you guys trying the 060 version?   If so try the 030 version to see if that doesn't any better.   I can't think why you would be getting a white screen, esp if an older version ran ok on your system.

For RTG performance issues, have you tried to disable the music and/or reducing the audio rate right down to say 11k (within the ScummVM UI and NOT via the AHI prefs), you also have to restart for the changes to take effect!

The 030 version freezes the same way on a white screen.

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2010, 10:29:37 PM »
This is how you should setup AHI for Paula (as a starting point).

Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2010, 10:33:20 PM »
Quote from: Xanxi;599946
The 030 version freezes the same way on a white screen.

Very strange, can't understand why that would be happening.  I know that other users have it working with a 3.1 install so it must be something in your setup.  The problem is that everyone has a slightly different setup, I developed (and tested) on a 'clean' OS 3.9 install with BB1 & BB2 applied only.

Maybe a patch or something in your startup is causing the issue.   Not sure why it would be doing that if an older beta (without he sound) ran ok.

Have you tried disabling all audio (speech and music) yet?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 01:11:45 AM by NovaCoder »
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline AmigaMance

« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2010, 05:17:20 AM »
Regarding the RTG version:
 How do we chose which AHI unit will be used or perhaps change the AHI parameters for this app only?
 Will there be versions optimized for other CPUs?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 05:19:56 AM by AmigaMance »
A1200 PPC user.

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2010, 05:55:14 AM »
Quote from: AmigaMance;600059
Regarding the RTG version:
 How do we chose which AHI unit will be used or perhaps change the AHI parameters for this app only?
 Will there be versions optimized for other CPUs?

See my post, 2 up from yours ;)

The audio sample rate is set within the ScummVM itself (and not the AHI prefs!)

Most RTG users already have an 060 don't they?
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline AmigaMance

« Reply #39 on: December 20, 2010, 06:18:51 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;600062
See my post, 2 up from yours ;)

You mean the AHI settings in the screenshot? I am a little foggy right now, so perhaps i just don't get it. I have set the music unit to 14bit calibrated stereo mode for high sound quality. When i run ScummVM, i want it to use plain 8bit stereo because it's faster.

Most RTG users already have an 060 don't they?

I don't really know.
A1200 PPC user.

Offline Xanxi

« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2010, 06:54:58 PM »
I've setup AHI to Paula 8 bits without ++ and still white screen, not working :(

« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2010, 10:34:05 PM »
Quote from: Xanxi;600178
I've setup AHI to Paula 8 bits without ++ and still white screen, not working :(

Hi,

A few people are saying this, what Boing Bags to you have installed?

Can you still hear the sound playing?   Also, does F5 still bring up the menu?
« Last Edit: December 20, 2010, 10:36:31 PM by NovaCoder »
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2010, 10:35:51 PM »
Quote from: Xanxi;600178

Hi,

A few people are saying this, what Boing Bags to you have installed?

Can you still hear the sound playing?   Also, does F5 still bring up the menu?
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2010, 01:41:14 AM »
Update, looks like the 'white screen of death' might be caused by a lack of FPU....can you white screen people confirm this?
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!

Offline Xanxi

« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2010, 09:37:07 AM »
No, i have a full 060 CPU with FPU.
No boing bags here, i'm 3.1.
No menu wth F5, i can only reset the computer.