Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Individual Computers Announces Clone-A Project  (Read 10962 times)

Description:

Offline Donar

• Show all replies
Re: Individual Computers Announces Clone-A Project
« on: October 11, 2006, 07:59:51 PM »
*dreaming*
Amiga Clone upgadable to (extended)AGA  with A1200 processor slot and Oli_hd's Coldfire Accelerator released too.
*/dreaming*

If i may suggest something: Ramp up the Chip Mem, i hate to decrease colours on Workbench for starting Demos.
<- Amiga 1260 / CD ->
Looking for:
A1200/CF CFV4/@200,256MB,eAGA,SATA,120GB,AROS :D

Offline Donar

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2006, 08:58:34 PM »
jen-ss
What I would like to know is what distinguishes your "Clone-A" from Dennis's MiniMig

I think Dennis stated that he can not provide us with Hardware for MiniMig, it seems Individual computers can provide hardware for people like me, who are to dumb to create their own 6 layer board with an 75W soldering iron on their wooden workbench.  :lol:

... build a real-working Amiga 500 with 3 full time programmers probably putting some extreme overtime in to copy the Amiga chip set "1 on 1". What does it get me though?

It is said that the plans for AGA chips are lost, i like the idea that Jens and Oliver at one time, first finishing OCS/ECS  will be able to re- implement AGA on real silicon not FPGA. (I think it should be possible if you know all about the inner workings of the chips, right?). I know AGA is old useless technology, bla, bla, nobody need's it in 2006, and real silicon is too expensive either. But i'm a ignorant....so i don't listen.

If you think i'm crazy - here is the rest... They could also extend AGA and implement some/all of the features of AAA. Yes i know, as before, to little, to late in 2006. But i'm a believer...

The Amiga still won the last Demo competition in 2006. Even with old crappy AGA and an 68060. So give the old lady a new make up and she'll be ready to win the Demo Competition in 2025 also.  :-D
<- Amiga 1260 / CD ->
Looking for:

Offline Donar

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2006, 08:22:23 AM »
Hello,

Actually, I think that Dennis just doesn't want to get into all the hassle paired with the whole mass-production aspect of things and he seems to care about the money involved either.

OK, wanted to say the same but probably failed. So still no Hardware.  :-)

Why would you say that Jens and Oliver would re-implement AGA on silicon instead of FPGA when Jens clearly stated (in the Total Amiga interview) that he'll try to keep his future hardware reconfigurable (FPGA?). What am I overlooking here?

I meant they could, so you could if you/your friends add AGA to MiniMig. See if you would have asked for a new board with AGA a year before most people would have told you that it is impossible. Look at some (first) Responses to Dennis thread- "You don't happen to be Mick Tinker?" and so on.

So, if Dennis or Jens and Oliver are able to implement it on real silicon the first step is done.

Jens stated that he could come up with a small design, for an Amiga in a Joystick if some investor ask's for it. So i think this would be real silicon then, or also an FPGA? The DTV for example uses an ASIC so i think it's no FPGA.

Synthesizing this FPGA into an ASIC is maybe too much for a hobbyist approach i think...maybe i'm wrong.

Bye
<- Amiga 1260 / CD ->
Looking for: