Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will this work?  (Read 10380 times)

Description:

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Will this work?
« Reply #14 from previous page: March 25, 2011, 06:45:51 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;624622
The MorphOS license restriction complaint is valid. When I build a new PC I can move my copy of Windows to it, but with MorphOS I have to buy another key.

Franko, you DO have a point.

If I buy an OS which is after all just a piece of software and it's restricted to only be used on one machine I own and I have to pay for it again if I buy a new higher spec computer, then to me that's just a total rip off... :(

The way I see it I paid for it, it's mine to use as I see fit (despite the licence agreement) and if I want to use it on machines that I own then I do so even if it means hacking it... :)

Plain and simple some of these so called licence agreements are total BS and just ripping folks off... :)

Offline Franko

• Show all replies
Re: Will this work?
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2011, 07:32:43 PM »
Quote from: nicholas;624629
Hack what exactly? There is nothing to hack.

When you buy the hardware to replace the broken hardware a new OS4 license comes bundled with it. Which will make you the owner of one broken board, one working board and two fully paid for licences of OS4.

What are you going to do with the second license?

Sell it? To who? For what purpose? All "designed for OS4" boxes come bundled with a license whether you want one or not?

Just one example on the mac, it comes with QuickTime Player but the save/export and stuff are disabled unless you pay Apple more dosh for a registration to "unlock it" so I said f' that and hacked it to unlock these features... :)

I wasn't talking about OS4 on OS4 "boxes" (whatever they are) I was talking about OS4 on real Amiga hardware... :)

If the X1000 comes with OS4 then fair enough but it's highly unlikely that their going to produce a new better model in the near future that I would be willing to pay that kind of money for to buy again, and if it broke within the first couple of years then you can be sure AEON  would be hearing from me and I certainly would be paying for another one so I wouldn't have two licenses... :)