Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SPIDER software update 3.16 and benchmarks  (Read 2947 times)

Description:

Offline TNovosel

• Show only replies by TNovosel
Re: SPIDER software update 3.16 and benchmarks
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 19, 2008, 12:36:37 PM »
I have Mediator inside my A4K, and I also have SpiderUSB with spider.device, but that card never been "active". After I send email to Elbox, asking for software for my Spider card, Elbox replay with link to Chris page for ordering Posedion stack.
And now, after 3 years I still don't have any use of that Spider card.

If any other amiga user wanna useless card inside Amiga, go and buy Spider from Elbox. :crazy:
A4000PPC,A1200PPCx2,A1240,A1230x2,A500x4,MacMini+MOS

Offline redrumloa

• Original Omega User
    • Show only replies by redrumloa
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2008, 03:31:04 AM »
@red

Where in this post did Elbox promote piracy? For the people that already registered Poseidon this is a new driver (and an announcement that OS4 drivers are being developed.).

Elbox is promoting a product that is still available for sale on their website, with the following description.

Note: The Poseidon USB Stack is a software solution that unleashes the possibilities of the Universal Serial Bus (USB) and the devices with USB interface, ranging from mice, keyboards, tablets, joysticks, printers, scanners, webcams, digicams, flash card readers, zip drives, floppy disk drives, harddisks, memory sticks, ethernet adapters, scanners and audio adapters to less common things like power supplies, GPS location devices or finger print readers. The unregistered Poseidon stack software is available at Aminet. You can use the Poseidon Online Registration Form for registration.

For some years now Poseidon has not been legally licensable for Elbox products. Look at TNovosel's post below and you can see why I understand platon42's objections. Someone buys an $83+ piece of hardware just to find they can't use it at all unless they use pirate software.
Someone has to state the obvious and that someone is me!

Offline amigadave

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by amigadave
    • http://www.EfficientByDesign.org
« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2008, 06:46:58 AM »

Poster: platon42  Posted: 2008/5/18 0:50:53

Well, I prefer not to hide behind anonymous nicks or fake accounts or post cracking instructions on mailing lists using anonymous proxies with fake email addresses. I do have my own attitude and I show it. I'm not as schizo as the Elbox press department. I don't have to please all people out there.

Aimee Mann once sang: "I've got love and anger, they come as a pair. You can take your chances, but buyer beware."

The more I think about it, the more I must admit I am very likely to react the same way, if I were in your shoes.  My initial reaction to any negative postings regarding Amiga and its related companies and people is always one of opposing the offending party.  Just my bad habit I guess.  Sorry for any disagreement with your actions and reasons.
How are you helping the Amiga community? :)

Offline Gavilan

• Show only replies by Gavilan
    • http://coming soon....
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 02:25:18 PM »
Well i guess im one of those "customers" who spent 83 bucks (i actually paid 110 + shipping from Australia), for a "brand new" Spider USB card, which, of course, came with NO software.

I didnt have any clue about Chris-Elbox argument, so  i finally endend up knowing all the story once i had my board with no usb stack, in my front desk, laughing at me..

I still have it, never had the chance of registering Poseidon, but alas, i never wanted to use a cracked version, because i wanted to show Chris respect, to support him in some humble way, and hoping that he would change his mind some day and let register Poseidon stack again...

Its sad for me, since a paid really a lot fo money for that product, but i feel in some way guilty for not knowing what was going on...
I only wanted to be able to use USB on my 1200...

Im not sure, but if by any remote chance sombedy is getting rid of his spider card and wants to sell me the software..im willing to pay!! (i guess thats legal, right, and that im not infringin any rules here?)

Saludos

Sebastian
C= & Amiga user & abuser since 1986
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Offline Trev

• Zero
    • Show only replies by Trev
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 11:12:30 PM »
I almost ordered a DENEB, but then I thought I would probably have more fun with a new nVidia 8000-series display adapter. I think I was right. ;-)

Offline Boot_WB

• Show only replies by Boot_WB
    • http://www.hullchimneyservices.co.uk
« Reply #19 on: May 26, 2008, 12:10:05 PM »
Is the spider useable under OS4 with the Sirion (or whatever it is called) stack?

EDIT: Never mind, just re-read the announcement.
Mac Mini G4 (1.5GHz, 64MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.6
Powerbook 5.8 (15", 1.67GHz, 128MB VRam, 1GB Ram): MorphOS 3.8.

Windows-free since 2011-2014 (Damn you Netflix!)

Offline kreciu

« Reply #20 on: August 18, 2008, 08:53:19 PM »
I still have it, never had the chance of registering Poseidon, but alas, i never wanted to use a cracked version, because i wanted to show Chris respect, to support him in some humble way, and hoping that he would change his mind some day and let register Poseidon stack again...

Exactly, if we could register Poseidon (I think registration is not for FREE?? Is it? Or just a Elbox take money?) every body would be happy, but WE CAN'T register :hahaha:

I can only buy Subway USB for Amiga 1200 where the transfer is 0.5 Mb/s and in comparison to Spider which is 6-10x faster Subway USB is slow.

Elbox is selling a Spider, gives some spider.device... Platon is selling a registration key. Why I CAN'T use a Poseidon here? Actually Elbox is creating potential buyers for a Poseidon.  :-o

I never get the point WHY Elbox is using "pirated" version of Poseidon? What is pirated there?

I'm not any "fun boy" or whatever, I just buy hardware/software I would like to use it.
Re-A1200inE/BOX/3.2/AmigaOS3.2/TF1260@66Mhz/256Mb/MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/FDD-HD