Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: OS for the X1000  (Read 9414 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaNG

• Show all replies
Re: OS for the X1000
« on: August 04, 2011, 11:00:54 AM »
Agreed, if you dont like the X1000 and it statements no need to create new threads to bash it, bash it in it own thread :hammer: or how about just ignoring them. :) I for one think this is good news for AmigaOS4 fans, and I'm one of them.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 12:34:17 PM by AmigaNG »

Offline AmigaNG

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 09:05:46 AM »
Quote from: Buzzfuzz;653094
I can and I know how to, I've been around for a while!

Just give me one good reason why I should spent around 1500 euro for a machine that runs OS4.2 or whatever it will be, if you can think of more than one, please, write it down here.

My guess is if any PC or Mac fan was reading that they be asking you the very same thing, Why do you own so many outdated computers and still follow the amiga scene?

I have a PC (I actually have three PCs), I have a Game Console (PS3, PSP) and I have 3 classic Amiga's (A1200, Cd32, A1200+040+32mb+HD etc) So why do I still spend time following the Amiga scene, trying out Aros, playing old apps and games either though Amiga Forever or on my Classic Amiga, because I still have fun with it. And I would really liked to do some of the modern stuff I do on my PC on my Amiga, simple because I want to. I hope when I finally get an OS4 machine (depending on price weather I can afford a X1000 or not) I am able to use my PC just a little less and just have fun with an Amiga system again (I hope).

Its simple a hobby and fun for me to use, for me it would be a real bonus if anything came out on the new Amiga that could massively out perform the other platform, but I dout that will be the case (expect the Reset, if it still 7sceonds thats faster than my PS3 loads a game! and my guess it might be my fastest machine for getting me on the net, little things like this will make me like and use the Amiga more and more.)

Offline AmigaNG

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 06:37:49 PM »
Buzzfuzz, just out of curiosity, why is this thread titled OS for the X1000, when it clearly nothing about that, it should of been titled "bold statement" or something. Just wondered.  

Quote from: jorkany;653216
What have Aeon and Hyperion ever done for the Amiga community?.

One of the few companies to support Amiga shows, (and no they are not OS4 special show it just seem that OS4 supporter seem to support them more).

Advertising and support one of the last major Amiga Magazine, that covers, Aros, MorpthOS and Classic scene. Amiga Future

Supporting one of the last major retailer in the Amiga world Amiga Kit.

Supporting various Bounty's and projects, that usually befits all amiga ng platforms.

Supporting developers with Loner hardware projects.

Still supporting the Classic Amiga PPC line.

etc.