Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Bill Panagouleas of Anti Gravity: What happened with boXer?  (Read 8218 times)

Description:

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
Quote from: arnljot;547034
I don´t want to be rude or insensitive to people who felt they´ve been had in the past.

But I´d like that if such a discussion is to be had, that it´s hosted in a separate thread.

This one, I´d like for those who worked with the boXer in the past to come forward and tell their story if they so choose to.

Given the history of the Amigas background and troubles past I bet their license was pulled... Just like the Amithlon license was pulled.

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
Re: Bill Panagouleas of Anti Gravity: What happened with boXer?
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 07:23:25 PM »
Quote from: Crom00;547040
Given the history of the Amigas background and troubles past I bet their license was pulled... Just like the Amithlon license was pulled.

I actually spoke to the owner of QuickPack on the phone as they were selling parts or something out of their facility. Nice enough no nonsense sounding guy... seemed replused at the state of affairs regarding the Amiga. He simply wanted to be able to produce machines that he knew he could sell for use in Video Toaster Flyer setups or higher end applications. A no brainer really...

But we all know how things turned out.

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 11:04:59 PM »
Ugghhh what a mess. That motherboard looked nice!

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 11:30:30 PM »
Quote from: Crom00;547086
Ugghhh what a mess. That motherboard looked nice!

So Joe I couldn't help but notice there was a referenc to a romance with a female chip desinger...sounds like a TV movie of the week! Here you have a situation with a market that needed attention and things just couldn't fall into place.

If anyone remembers video editing on Macs or PCs around 1995-1998 it was a real pain unless you hade like the BEST media 100 or Avid system. Here was a good low cost system that just died.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 03:32:44 AM by Crom00 »

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2010, 03:29:13 AM »
Quote from: TheMagicM;547122
Interesting reading material...  Thanks Joe!

Yep really cool. Sad part is that there was a demand for systems in the Video end of the markey...as  The Flyer worked...and it was stable...! Jeez what a mess.

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2010, 09:53:04 PM »
So how much would it cost to finish up the boxer and do a production run?
I don't have the cash for this... I'm jus askin' is all...

Seems like one hell of a product as it seems the Amiga chipset was to be implemented in an ASIC solution.

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2010, 11:25:58 PM »
With products like MiniMig, FPGA Arcade, Natami, and the like generating buzz this is certainly interesting as it also seemed to be far along...

I can understand the ANGST of those involved and not wanting to continue with the project. I had no idea Anti Gravity didn't pay for those ads....

Jeez...With stories like this I start to think the Amiga really is cursed. That or some conspiracy to keep the platform dead is afoot.

Could it be the Illuminati, FreeMAsons, or Atari Falconers.. lol!