Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmiQuake 2 - new 68k Quake 2 Port  (Read 26066 times)

Description:

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
Re: AmiQuake 2 - new 68k Quake 2 Port
« Reply #14 from previous page: April 15, 2013, 01:37:15 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;732032
Not sure, might make it a bit easier possibly.

Like I said it will be a very basic implementation of the SDL so not all features will be supported.

Can't functions and features in SDL be ported and converted to work in the hardware of the Amiga? Say for example graphics that usually requires RTG in that function will convert the colors and bits and the way it displays it to work in 100% optimization yet maintain the most possible colors in AGA and maintain decent speed? Thus this SDL will only run on AGA as the MOST MINIMUM requirement and RTG card is recommended and the AGA SDL will function better on RTG ? What about sound functions? Can those again be converted to run on PAULA? The function names of the SDL remain the same just the property behind them designed to work on AGA system and the minimum requirement for speed is a 68060 card?

There could be a possibility that maybe not 100% but at least 80% of the SDL function possibly ported and the programmer who is porting SDL games will have to deal with just 20% on their own. Maybe if you could achieve that it would make porting SDL games and even apps much easier on 68k AGA system.

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2013, 12:57:16 AM »
I love it! Shame I cannot play it on my A1200, yet :(. My apollo need modification first to allow it support of additional 32 MB of RAM and be installed in a desktop case A1200. However, I need to cough up 300 dollars to do these modifications. I need to save up money first before I do this and it means my Amiga 1200 my be out of order again for another month before I can use it.

PS "I do not see the version released in aminet at all :("
« Last Edit: April 21, 2013, 01:01:36 AM by AmigaClassicRule »

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2013, 06:00:39 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;733876
Expect an A500 port any day now....

Now officially you are joking!!!

To actually play Quake 3 or Quake 2 on an Amiga 500 with the same quality graphics of the original...will make me jump wagon and buy an A500! Heck even on a kickstart 1.3 But that my friend can only happen in dreams.

:)

No stick with other ports for the AGA system :D

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: May 10, 2013, 10:29:05 PM »
Quote from: Lurch;734451
NovaCoder you are a legend :-) Now if I can only get Quake 2 to work with 32MB LOL

I don't that is possible. I don't think NovaCoder or anyone as good as NovaCoder could achieve that...simply put because that is what the minimum requirements of this game anyways. Otherwise if he can manage that..then people who have games that requires 1 GB of RAM in a PC should be able to hack it to run at 256 MB of RAM or even 64 MB of RAM and I have not seeing that done in any computer history. It is really the physical programmer who programmed the game with their codes and optimization have reached to the minimum requirement of 64 MB of RAM.  64 MB of RAM is not so bad to be honest...it just matter of me getting the cash first then I can upgrade my Apollo to 64 MB of RAM.

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2013, 01:19:56 AM »
Quote from: NovaCoder;734471
Last nights gameplay ;)

[youtube]MX34Ju3SI3Y[/youtube]

Another 20Mhz and it would get really interesting.

You are doing an excellent job!! Thank you so much NovaCoder :)

Offline AmigaClassicRule

• Show all replies
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2013, 01:43:30 AM »
Quote from: magnetic;734483
Hey Nova
Once its in its final optimized state I think we should organize some online Quake2 aga tourney :)

THAT IS EXACTLY what I was thinking too!! I just need to have that money to upgrade my Apollo 1260 from 32 MB to 64 RAM first before I can have the pleasure to join...arggh. But guys I can play on Strife...do you guys want to do tourney with me on Strife?