Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Best Emulation Sites and ol skool game recommendations  (Read 947 times)

Description:

Offline KingTuttTopic starter

• Show only replies by KingTutt
Best Emulation Sites and ol skool game recommendations
« on: May 02, 2003, 02:52:41 AM »
We are all well aware of great sites like

Back2roots[/url]

which are an Amiga exclusive site. But how many know of some truly amazing emulation sites? I for one found a real gem the other month. Had everything from GB, C64 to Amiga and some more.

As a fellow Amigan I feel the need to share this little gem with you all. Remember the legal disclaimers etc.

Planetemu[/url]

Now all I need is some top games you guys can recommend me. I may have played many Amiga games in my time, but I am by no means a veteran at whats out there.

PS: For a cool site for Mame gems, try MAME.DK[/url]

Don't forget to contribute other top sites, for other platforms including our faithful and beloved miggy.
If I said I was the best you would think I am boasting. But if I said I was not, then you KNOW I am lying! ~Bruce Lee.

Offline Paul_Gadd

• Show only replies by Paul_Gadd
    • http://elunatic.host.sk/start.html
Re: Best Emulation Sites and ol skool game recommendations
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2003, 04:49:34 AM »
For old Amiga games i recommend the newsgroup alt.binaries.warez.amiga (yes i know some new software gets posted there aswell but the amount of old Amiga games what gets posting on there is incredible)

For old platform roms i use and recommend  P2P and IRC places, no ads, no popus, just roms galore.

Lemon64 is the best website for C64 games, also it mentions Amiga  :-)

Offline Kermito

• Show only replies by Kermito
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2003, 07:34:24 AM »
OLD SKOOL RULEZ!!!!!!!!!!!!! :evil:
- - -
Armakuni, The Last Ninja

Offline Jethro_Tull

• Show only replies by Jethro_Tull
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2003, 09:20:29 AM »
I have to agree with you here.  I still spend evenings playing Sensible Soccer or Championship manager with my mates.   My wife, who's not into computer games at all, absolutely loves platforms like Rick Dangerous.

The point is, mainstream computer games now are quite different beasts.  For example, they rely heavily on 3D viewpoints, which is not to everyone's taste!  I remember, way back, when Tomb Raider I was released, of players complaining they were getting dizzy!  Personally, I appreciate the wow factor of 3D but prefer the simpler and more efficient traditional top down / side views.

It's a tad sad, that so few games are being released with the above criteria.  Sadder still, we have to play our old favourites on 12+ year old hardware or resort to emulators.  Without going out of subject, it's plainly amazing how the Amiga platform ended up in this state.  Ah well...................

See ya ppl
Jethro Tull