Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga ROMS - Burning Eproms  (Read 3616 times)

Description:

Offline F0LLETT

• Amigakit / A-EON Support
  • Administrator
    • Show only replies by F0LLETT
    • Ultimate Amiga
Re: Amiga ROMS - Burning Eproms
« Reply #14 from previous page: January 09, 2024, 09:25:12 AM »
I got my 3.2.2 CD today.  I successfully burned 4000T and 4000 ROM with my Willem 5.0C with the adp-054 adapter on both 27C400 and 27C4000Gs.  I just have to test them now.

3.2, there are two updates, which need to be downloaded.
As I said before, I pulled roms apart to create a custom one, with all the 3.2.2. modules including workbench and icon libraries.
Quote from: Hungry Horace
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire
Ultimate Amiga Network (Home of SONY PSP Amiga Emulator and AMOS Factory)

Quote from:  He who shall not be named
"Chris is that you!!!"
My all time favorite quote.

Offline cehofer

« Reply #15 on: January 09, 2024, 03:53:03 PM »
So to clarify, there are updated ROMs that need to be downloaded?  Then you cracked open all the ROMs and built one Universal ROM?

So I get to erase all the EPROMS I just did and start over with the updated ones  >:( >:( >:(
Every time I pull the CPU module out of my A4Ks and A4kTs, I hold my breath.   Wish they would have located the ROMs in a more open convenient place.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2024, 06:20:50 PM by cehofer »

Offline F0LLETT

• Administrator
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2024, 05:00:55 PM »
So to clarify, there are updated ROMs that need to be downloaded?  Then you cracked open all the ROMs and built one Universal ROM?

You need to register your CD at Hyperions website and then you get access to the OS3.2.1 and OS3.2.2 updates.
Resolute and Industrious Grand ruler of the yellow people and the Ultimate Amiga Empire

"Chris is that you!!!"

Offline cehofer

« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2024, 06:23:22 PM »
Yep, did that and downloaded the updates.  So ROM Axxx-47.111.bin is that ones I burn?  That is the most up-to-date?

Offline F0LLETT

• Administrator
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2024, 09:56:34 AM »
Yep, did that and downloaded the updates.  So ROM Axxx-47.111.bin is that ones I burn?  That is the most up-to-date?

Sounds right. Remember though, Workbench and icon libraries are missing. So if you boot floppy or HDD, they need to have both libraries. Else you will end up with a blank workbench screen.

"Chris is that you!!!"

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2024, 05:58:26 PM »

Yes, that’s the latest version from Hyperion. As F0llett has stated, the newer ROMs no longer contain the workbench.library and icon.library. You can Burn something called an Extended 1MB ROM where you can fit this on. Or just add those 2 libraries in your LIBS: folder on your AmigaOS installation if NOT already there.

Offline Ferry

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2024, 01:31:09 PM »
Is it better to keep the original icon.library or can it be used the PeterK one? 🤔

Saluditos,

Ferrán
Amiga user since 1988
AOS4 Betatester
Member of ATO Spain
PiStorm project collaborator (Docs)
A1200/060/256MB/SCSI
A1 XE-G4/933
A500+/PiStorm

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2024, 01:50:16 PM »
Is it better to keep the original icon.library or can it be used the PeterK one? 🤔

Saluditos,

Ferrán

Me personally use the PeterK icon.library. It’s a lot faster than what Hyperion give you 👍🏻

Offline Ferry

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2024, 02:54:37 PM »
I find it a step in the wrong direction to leave workbench.library outside the ROM, in LIBS:. Many Amiga users, me for one, do have different media and configs to load from (CF, ZIP, JAZ, PCMCIA FlashRAM, µSD… even bootable CD!), be it current one (WB v3.1.4/v3.2.x) or not, but if you try to load a WB3.9/3.5/3.1 on an Amiga with ROM version ≥ 3.1.4, it simply won't load, complaining about a missing workbench.library, not in ROM, not in LIBS:.

I can understand the space problems, a ROM with ever growing libraries, to the point of not having enough room to fit them all in, but I guess other solutions can be found (compressed libraries?) instead of leaving mandatory libs out.

Saluditos,

Ferrán.
Amiga user since 1988
AOS4 Betatester
Member of ATO Spain
PiStorm project collaborator (Docs)
A1200/060/256MB/SCSI
A1 XE-G4/933
A500+/PiStorm

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #23 on: January 11, 2024, 04:50:46 PM »
I find it a step in the wrong direction to leave workbench.library outside the ROM, in LIBS:. Many Amiga users, me for one, do have different media and configs to load from (CF, ZIP, JAZ, PCMCIA FlashRAM, µSD… even bootable CD!), be it current one (WB v3.1.4/v3.2.x) or not, but if you try to load a WB3.9/3.5/3.1 on an Amiga with ROM version ≥ 3.1.4, it simply won't load, complaining about a missing workbench.library, not in ROM, not in LIBS:.

I can understand the space problems, a ROM with ever growing libraries, to the point of not having enough room to fit them all in, but I guess other solutions can be found (compressed libraries?) instead of leaving mandatory libs out.

Saluditos,

Ferrán.

As explained above. You can create 1MB ROMs where you can then fit in the 2 libraries. Plus if you are using a TF card with EIDE.device, this can be fitted on too.

Offline F0LLETT

• Administrator
    • Ultimate Amiga
« Reply #24 on: January 12, 2024, 02:50:22 PM »
Me personally use the PeterK icon.library. It’s a lot faster than what Hyperion give you 👍🏻

Plus it lets you all the fancy OS4 png icons. :)

"Chris is that you!!!"