Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A1222 production now underway!  (Read 7628 times)

Description:

Offline TribbleSmasher

Re: A1222 production now underway!
« Reply #14 on: October 13, 2023, 06:00:04 PM »
Depends on the price for the Early Adopter really.
If it's not too outrageous i'll buy it.

Offline cehofer

« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2023, 09:02:32 PM »
Any update?  The a1222plus.com still says "(Lastest Update: 29 June 2023)".  Why are there updates it seems everywhere else except the website they created to give 1222 Updates???

When will the "Early Adopters" 1/2020 when I purchased the AAA Bundle, be getting any information of actual price and availability?

Offline AmigaOldskooler

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Show only replies by AmigaOldskooler
    • Old School Game Blog
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2023, 09:14:17 PM »
Any update?  The a1222plus.com still says "(Lastest Update: 29 June 2023)".  Why are there updates it seems everywhere else except the website they created to give 1222 Updates???

When will the "Early Adopters" 1/2020 when I purchased the AAA Bundle, be getting any information of actual price and availability?

Hi,

After what I've read on Amigans.net, several early adopters have been contacted by AAA Technology with an offer. As far as I understand, they're working their way through the list. Are you an early adopter? If you haven't heard anything by now, I'd get in touch with them. You'll find the e-mail for Laurent on this page:

https://www.facebook.com/aaatechnologysarl/

I pre-ordered it myself (not early adopter) and got the order confirmed by them back in October. I contacted through e-mail.

I agree there should be more updates on the official website of the A1222+. This is essential for people wanting more information on the system.

Hope this helped. :)
« Last Edit: December 28, 2023, 09:15:04 PM by AmigaOldskooler »

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2023, 09:43:07 PM »
So what is the point of this then? Is this one of those X1000/X5000 boards that’s meant to be put inside a A1200 case?

I don’t see its appeal… Or am I missing something?

Offline RobertB

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by RobertB
    • http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
« Reply #18 on: December 29, 2023, 01:32:08 AM »
Is this one of those X1000/X5000 boards that’s meant to be put inside a A1200 case?
     No, it's a different board.

Happy New Year!
          Robert Bernardo
          Fresno Commodore User Group - http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm
          Southern California Commodore & Amiga Network - http://www.portcommodore.com/sccan

Offline cehofer

« Reply #19 on: December 29, 2023, 03:01:59 AM »
Yes, I am an early adopter.  I purchased my AAABundle and registered my serial number with AEON.  So...
 Is this Laurent from Amedia Computers in France?

Offline AmigaOldskooler

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Old School Game Blog
« Reply #20 on: December 29, 2023, 08:32:10 AM »
Yes, I am an early adopter.  I purchased my AAABundle and registered my serial number with AEON.  So...
 Is this Laurent from Amedia Computers in France?

Yes, that is correct, it is Laurent from Amedia Computers.

By the way, I hope the computer will come in this box:

https://www.skateman.nl/index.php/2023/12/24/amiga-a1222-plus-box/

Offline cehofer

« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2023, 03:31:40 PM »
I emailed Laurent and he gave a quick response.  He said I was on the list and they are going down it.  He sent me the "Early Adopters" form letter saying it will be shipping in January.  For Early adopters 1043 EURO including shipping to the US.  100 Euro of that is paypal fee and shipping. No VAT tax since I am in the US.  That is over double.

It would be cool if it shipped in that box.  Now, I have to make a decision.

So let me get this straight.  The Tabor is owned in the UK by AEON and Amigakit, made in Italy by ACUBE and sold in France by Amedia????  Why isn't Amigakit selling it?  It is just like when I bought the X5040.  Amigakit didn't sell them only Amedia.

Offline AmigaOldskooler

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Old School Game Blog
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2023, 06:54:28 PM »
I emailed Laurent and he gave a quick response.  He said I was on the list and they are going down it.  He sent me the "Early Adopters" form letter saying it will be shipping in January.  For Early adopters 1043 EURO including shipping to the US.  100 Euro of that is paypal fee and shipping. No VAT tax since I am in the US.  That is over double.

It would be cool if it shipped in that box.  Now, I have to make a decision.

So let me get this straight.  The Tabor is owned in the UK by AEON and Amigakit, made in Italy by ACUBE and sold in France by Amedia????  Why isn't Amigakit selling it?  It is just like when I bought the X5040.  Amigakit didn't sell them only Amedia.

Good to hear you've received an answer from them! :) Thanks for the information concerning shipping in January. It would be excellent if it arrived next month.

Are you considering getting a pre-built system or just the motherboard itself?

To make things more complicated, it is actually sold by AAA Technology in Luxembourg. :o

Offline cehofer

« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2023, 09:47:46 PM »
I am going to purchase just the board.  When I built my X5040 almost two years ago, I have a new X550Radeon and a 250GB BX500 SSD.  I just need memory.  I built my SAM460LE last January.  So I guess I will be building the A1222 next month.   :).  I really wish they would update the OS.  Python is really getting popular now and OS4.1FE is so behind.   It needs JSON Pretty really bad.  I would love to have a good browser so I could actually use it as my main machine.  My X5040 cannot play any youtube videos or like I said go on any graphic intense sites like FB, Rumble, etc.  Either I am doing something wrong but it just taxes the processor.  I recently upgraded my X5040 to an X560 radeon.  that seemed to help playing video files but my CPU just gets pegged most of the time.
« Last Edit: December 30, 2023, 03:28:39 AM by cehofer »

Offline AmigaOldskooler

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Old School Game Blog
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2023, 02:14:17 PM »
I am going to purchase just the board.  When I built my X5040 almost two years ago, I have a new X550Radeon and a 250GB BX500 SSD.  I just need memory.  I built my SAM460LE last January.  So I guess I will be building the A1222 next month.   :).  I really wish they would update the OS.  Python is really getting popular now and OS4.1FE is so behind.   It needs JSON Pretty really bad.  I would love to have a good browser so I could actually use it as my main machine.  My X5040 cannot play any youtube videos or like I said go on any graphic intense sites like FB, Rumble, etc.  Either I am doing something wrong but it just taxes the processor.  I recently upgraded my X5040 to an X560 radeon.  that seemed to help playing video files but my CPU just gets pegged most of the time.

Cool that you've built both of those computers yourself! Good luck with building the A1222 when it arrives. Looks to be a good setup with the graphics card and the SSD. :) I decided to get a pre-built system, since I don't have all the other hardware needed. I really hope it'll arrive in January, but time will show. ;)

George Sokianos & co are working on the WebKit browser project, so there is stuff going on in the background. You can read more about it here:

https://www.amigans.net/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?start=100&topic_id=8986&order=ASC&status=&mode=0

As for AmigaOS 4 itself, it would be great if an update came out around the time the A1222 goes out to customers. I've read that progress has been made with the OS, but everything is only available to beta testers. :( I'm not a beta tester, so I don't know what kind of fixes, improvements etc. we're talking about, but I'd love to see them reaching us end-users in an update, that's for sure. 8)

Hope you'll post a photo of your A1222 build when it is ready. I'll post a picture of mine here when I receive it!

Offline duga

« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2023, 04:49:44 PM »
I would love to have a good browser so I could actually use it as my main machine.  My X5040 cannot play any youtube videos or like I said go on any graphic intense sites like FB, Rumble, etc.  Either I am doing something wrong but it just taxes the processor.  I recently upgraded my X5040 to an X560 radeon.  that seemed to help playing video files but my CPU just gets pegged most of the time.

Have you tried MorphOS with the Wayfarer browser?

Offline cehofer

« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2024, 03:17:46 AM »
No.  I have not even seen Morph.  I know that my X5040 supports Morph that I see it in the kickstart menu.  I was going to try and do a dual boot with OS4.1 and Morph but Amedia warned me not to make a dual boot because they destroy each other and they do not have a work around.  They said install OS4 on one HD and Morph on another but never plug them in at the same time.  This is probably not the thread to discuss this.  Does the A1222 support Morph and Linux like the X5040 does?

Offline AmigaOldskooler

• a.k.a Puni/Void
    • Old School Game Blog
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2024, 07:37:32 AM »
No.  I have not even seen Morph.  I know that my X5040 supports Morph that I see it in the kickstart menu.  I was going to try and do a dual boot with OS4.1 and Morph but Amedia warned me not to make a dual boot because they destroy each other and they do not have a work around.  They said install OS4 on one HD and Morph on another but never plug them in at the same time.  This is probably not the thread to discuss this.  Does the A1222 support Morph and Linux like the X5040 does?

There is, unfortunately, no MorphOS for the A1222, but Linux is available. A positive thing with Linux here (in terms of browsing) is that both cores of the CPU can be utilized, as well as all the memory installed, for example 8 GB. :)

Offline cehofer

« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2024, 10:58:27 PM »
Just paid for my A1222 board.  I hope it is not a disappointment.  I am not happy with the SAM460LE

Offline Jeff

• VIP / Donor - Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Jeff
« Reply #29 from previous page: January 05, 2024, 05:30:06 AM »
@cehofer

Congratulations on the soon to be A1222! I am curious as to why you aren't happy with the Sam 460LE? The A1222 and 460LE have pretty similar specs don't they?