Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ACA1221lc accellerator problem! Help.  (Read 1917 times)

Description:

Offline wrath of khanTopic starter

• Show all replies
ACA1221lc accellerator problem! Help.
« on: February 07, 2021, 09:07:27 PM »
Hi, I got the accellerator and tried it today- I have a cf card/hard drive installed with 3.1 wb, and i use a pcmcia slot with a cf card for file transfer.

So, the aca tune software was a .lha file and so I unpacked it and disk manager 2 on my pc using winzip and an lha file thingy. It seemed to work- work bench says the aca tune file is an executable. I have clicked on the acatune icon but it does not load the program. My accellerator is not recognized and i only have the standard 2 megs still on my commodore a1200-

The computer info says nothing of the aca card.

Should I try unplugging the internal cf hard drive? But my wb is on there... I have a floppydisk too of wb if it works... its old...

Could it be a problem with the start-up sequence and load priority or what? I need the accelerator working to run red pill game software and upgrade the wb gui etc.

• Show all replies

• Show all replies
Re: ACA1221lc accellerator problem! Help.
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2021, 01:44:51 AM »
Might try unpacking the .lha file on my amiga then but i needed disk manager 2 for that which was also a .lha file... oh the pain... hah.
The board diagnostic area has no info on the card, zero.

• Show all replies
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2021, 02:01:34 AM »
Right, I think i have lha run on my amiga yes- but i could not find the correct command in the command line to operate it- it did not have a gui it seems. Not sure about the jumper; i must check about it. 

• Show all replies
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 02:11:35 AM »
I found this on another forum in an old post- but i am not sure exactly what to do

LHA files are archive files just like Zip, RAR, Tar, etc. You need a program to unarchive them.

1) Download and copy this to your Amiga: http://aminet.net/util/arc/lha.run (it's a self-extracting LHA archive, which contains the actual LHA programs for differecnt CPUs)

2) Open the shell and cd into the dir you have the "lha.run" file. Run the file by typing: lha.run

3) As you have A1200, a safe bet is to install 020 version to your system. Type in the shell: Copy lha_68020 C:lha

4) Now you can unarchive any LHA archive by typing: lha x archive.lha destinationdir (for example: lha x term.lha ram: )

I will look for the shell as it seemed to disappear somehow- maybe hidden in a window dunno.

• Show all replies
« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 09:04:28 PM »
So, i just cleaned the acellerator card connector inside the a1200 with isopropyl alcohol. I then disconnected the internal cf hard drive and booted with the aca card in place- same result- system does not recognize the aca card? Guess the hard drive is not the culprit. Yes, i loosened the aca card a millimetre.

I can only think i need to unpack the aca tool software in order to get the aca card to run?
Either that or its an issue with the start up sequence load priority; as in the card is not booted at startup?

• Show all replies
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2021, 03:35:51 AM »
It's working now- used a rubber eraser on the contacts and somehow the card went in easier... weird...