Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: ACA1221lc accellerator problem! Help.  (Read 1886 times)

Description:

Offline wrath of khanTopic starter

• Show only replies by wrath of khan
ACA1221lc accellerator problem! Help.
« on: February 07, 2021, 09:07:27 PM »
Hi, I got the accellerator and tried it today- I have a cf card/hard drive installed with 3.1 wb, and i use a pcmcia slot with a cf card for file transfer.

So, the aca tune software was a .lha file and so I unpacked it and disk manager 2 on my pc using winzip and an lha file thingy. It seemed to work- work bench says the aca tune file is an executable. I have clicked on the acatune icon but it does not load the program. My accellerator is not recognized and i only have the standard 2 megs still on my commodore a1200-

The computer info says nothing of the aca card.

Should I try unplugging the internal cf hard drive? But my wb is on there... I have a floppydisk too of wb if it works... its old...

Could it be a problem with the start-up sequence and load priority or what? I need the accelerator working to run red pill game software and upgrade the wb gui etc.

Offline duga

Re: ACA1221lc accellerator problem! Help.
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2021, 10:24:39 PM »
Is the card detected in Early Startup Menu?

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2021, 10:34:35 PM »
You have to hold down both mouse buttons on startup to get the early startup menu.

EDIT: Unit may be "parked" with a jumper already, turned off;-

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/ACA1221lc

Also, ACAtune is no longer used, ACAtool is the correct software for the later Individual Computers acceleartors;-

http://wiki.icomp.de/wiki/ACAtool

(There is a link on the above to download).
« Last Edit: February 07, 2021, 10:59:53 PM by Pat the Cat »
"To recurse is human. To iterate, divine."

A1200, Vanilla, Surf Squirrel, SD Card, KS 3.0/3.z, PCMCIA dev
A500, Vanilla, A570, Rev 5, KS 1.2/1.3 Testbench system
Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2021, 12:41:05 AM »
OK. Turn off, make sure any jumpers are removed (that should enable the board).

Hold down both mouse butons, turn on, try the "Expansion board Diagnostic" to see if the board is recognized (all that is revealed is whether a board with a manufacturer ID is seen).

Board ID should be 4626/24 or similar. That means it's recognized and should work from that boot.

The reason for the jumper is too high a speed is set, the computer can't boot, and you want to try adusting with the board switched off.

EDIT: The jumper is labelled "MapROM" if that helps you to find it. On this particular model, it just turns the whole expansion on or off IIRC.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 01:14:39 AM by Pat the Cat »

Rasp Pi, UAE4ARM, 3D laser scanner, experimental, hoping for AmigaOS4Arm, based on Watterott Fabscan Pi

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2021, 01:30:31 AM »
One thing I noticed - your screenie of ACAtool doesn't have an icon (which is included in the link I posted).

It could be that your PC program is mangling the LHA file, which isn't going to help matters. Although the board should still be seen in the Board diagnosic opion of the Early startup menu if it's working properly.

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2021, 01:44:51 AM »
Might try unpacking the .lha file on my amiga then but i needed disk manager 2 for that which was also a .lha file... oh the pain... hah.
The board diagnostic area has no info on the card, zero.

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2021, 01:57:36 AM »
You can get lha on aminet - one of the few programs there that isn't in LHA format.

https://aminet.net/search?query=lha.run

If the board is not recognized by the Board Diagnostic on the Early startup menu WITH THE JUMPER REMOVED - then it's dead.

You can verify that on English are of the Individual Computers support forum;-

https://forum.icomp.de/

« Reply #8 on: February 08, 2021, 02:01:34 AM »
Right, I think i have lha run on my amiga yes- but i could not find the correct command in the command line to operate it- it did not have a gui it seems. Not sure about the jumper; i must check about it. 

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2021, 02:11:35 AM »
I found this on another forum in an old post- but i am not sure exactly what to do

LHA files are archive files just like Zip, RAR, Tar, etc. You need a program to unarchive them.

1) Download and copy this to your Amiga: http://aminet.net/util/arc/lha.run (it's a self-extracting LHA archive, which contains the actual LHA programs for differecnt CPUs)

2) Open the shell and cd into the dir you have the "lha.run" file. Run the file by typing: lha.run

3) As you have A1200, a safe bet is to install 020 version to your system. Type in the shell: Copy lha_68020 C:lha

4) Now you can unarchive any LHA archive by typing: lha x archive.lha destinationdir (for example: lha x term.lha ram: )

I will look for the shell as it seemed to disappear somehow- maybe hidden in a window dunno.

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #10 on: February 08, 2021, 02:16:30 AM »
The shell is generally in the system drawer. It's a command line interface, like a Dos screen for typing in commands.

Hint: if you type a question mark "?" after an AmigaDos command, it will return a template of roughly what it's expecting.

People generally have Directory Opus setup, so that selecting an archive ending ".lha" will automatically extract it to wherever DOpus is pointing.

Good luck, I'm 99% sure it's the jumper being left on. They have to ship it with a jumper in case you need it to turn the thing off.

EDIT: Picture of a jumper, should just slide off the pins labelled "MapROM";-

https://images.pcliquidations.com/images/isaac/43/43311t450.jpg
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 02:33:19 AM by Pat the Cat »

« Reply #11 on: February 08, 2021, 09:04:28 PM »
So, i just cleaned the acellerator card connector inside the a1200 with isopropyl alcohol. I then disconnected the internal cf hard drive and booted with the aca card in place- same result- system does not recognize the aca card? Guess the hard drive is not the culprit. Yes, i loosened the aca card a millimetre.

I can only think i need to unpack the aca tool software in order to get the aca card to run?
Either that or its an issue with the start up sequence load priority; as in the card is not booted at startup?

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #12 on: February 09, 2021, 11:03:27 PM »
Uhuh. Did you remove the jumper like I've asked you to do 3 times already?

Anyway, try that support forum. It's for individual accelerator cards. I bet you, the first thing they tell you to do is, make sure all jumpers (there's only one) are removed.

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2021, 03:35:51 AM »
It's working now- used a rubber eraser on the contacts and somehow the card went in easier... weird...

Offline Pat the Cat

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2021, 04:15:22 AM »
Very happy to hear you got it going. :)

EDIT: I couldn't respond due to my laptop screen dying on me. Honest.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 04:52:25 AM by Pat the Cat »