Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Save failed, not enought space for configuration data  (Read 1619 times)

Description:

Offline W4r3DeV1LTopic starter

• Show only replies by W4r3DeV1L
Save failed, not enought space for configuration data
« on: December 08, 2020, 01:19:47 AM »
Hello folks!

After a long time I am back tinkering with WinUAE, real amiga and Compact Flash Memory.

I have spent the whole afternoon and I am going nuts preparing a Compact Flash with WinUae.

I  rehearsed some tutorials and I think I have followed all the steps using diskpart to clean the CF and

runned WinUAE as administrator, edited the HDToolBox with SCSI_DEVICE_NAME=uaehf.device,

recognized the CF under it and partitioning.

But when I try to save the changes I I bump into the same error, a popup that announce:

"Save failed, not enought space for configuration data''.

Any help to spot the error?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 01:27:50 AM by W4r3DeV1L »

Offline Matt_H

Re: Save failed, not enought space for configuration data
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2020, 01:55:59 AM »
How big is the CF card and what version of HDToolbox are you using? I wonder if you're hitting the classic "4GB limit" issue.

Thomas has some tools that might be helpful.

Offline W4r3DeV1LTopic starter

• Show only replies by W4r3DeV1L
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2020, 10:43:12 AM »
I am just using 1 GB Compact Flash and I am trying to install Amiga OS 3.1.4...

Update: Worked out!

Answering myself now... I sorted it out using an install disk of a previous version of OS and everythink works smooth!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2020, 12:04:23 PM by W4r3DeV1L »

Offline Thomas

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2020, 08:31:56 AM »

I sorted it out using an install disk of a previous version of OS

I would rather trust the later bug fixed version of HDToolbox. If it had not enough space then the earlier version probably didn't have enough space, too. It just did not detect it.

Now you are in danger that your first partition overwrites parts of the partition table and vice versa.

You should rather increase the blocks per cylinder value (and reduce the number of cylinders accordingly) so that you get more space in the first two cylinders which hold the partition table.

When using a CF card it's good to change the geometry anyway. This way you can align partitons to megabyte boundaries which is recommended for flash memory devices.