Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is A.L.I.C.E. dead?  (Read 323 times)

Description:

Offline Rob

Re: Is A.L.I.C.E. dead?
« Reply #14 from previous page: May 25, 2017, 01:46:25 PM »
Quote from: Iggy;826191
BUT
OK...maybe there IS a market for repackaged freeware and UAE preinstalled on a laptop...still sound ridiculous to me, but if YOU want to pay for it...

Some people will pay for the convenience of not having to set it up themselves and download loads of files from different sources.

Offline Iggy

• Show only replies by Iggy
Re: Is A.L.I.C.E. dead?
« Reply #15 on: May 25, 2017, 02:14:49 PM »
Quote from: fishy_fiz;826208
@Iggy

I can only assume you've responded to and quoted the wrong person there?

Complete and utter contrast between my post that you've quoted, and your response. Heck, my post was little more than a brief overview as how to setup a "Rabbit Hole" type feature.... hardly encouraging people not to learn their own system.

Yes fishy, it was linear, if you read it.
I agree with you, its a feature you could implement on your own (although I don't know why you'd want to).

The quote was from an earlier comment I thought was a little "out there", to illustrate that some have an opinion that "seems" to negate our stance.

Quote from: Rob;826211
Some people will pay for the convenience of not having to set it up themselves and download loads of files from different sources.

OK, some people have more disposable income than I have.
And, for me, setting it up is half the fun.

To each his own.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2017, 02:16:52 PM by Iggy »
"Not making any hard and fast rules means that the moderators can use their good judgment in moderation, and we think the results speak for themselves." - Amiga.org, terms of service

"You, got to stem the evil tide, and keep it on the the inside" - Rogers Waters

"God was never on your side" - Lemmy

Amiga! "Our appeal has become more selective"