Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A2000 hd install problem  (Read 2190 times)

Description:

Offline utri007Topic starter

Re: A2000 hd install problem
« Reply #14 from previous page: June 15, 2014, 09:21:08 PM »
You are right :) Problem is this is my only scsi hard drive, excluding one wich is in use.
ACube Sam 440ep Flex 800mhz, 1gb ram and 240gb hd and OS4.1FE
A1200 Micronic tower, OS3.9, Apollo 060 66mhz, xPert Merlin, Delfina Lite and Micronic Scandy, 500Gb hd, 66mb ram, DVD-burner and WLAN.
A1200 desktop, OS3.9, Blizzard 060 66mhz, 66mb ram, Ide Fix Express with 160Gb HD and WLAN
A500 OS2.1, GVP+HD8 with 4mb ram, 1mb chip ram and 4gb HD
Commodore CDTV KS3.1, 1mb chip, 4mb fast ram and IDE HD

Offline gazsp

• Show only replies by gazsp
    • http://realitydesign.asn.org.uk
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2022, 07:04:45 PM »
I know this thread is ancient, but I have exactly the same issue (different OS though).

Supra WordSync, OS 3.2, won't format in WB (gets to the end and says 'Not a DOS disk'), even though it partitions etc. correctly in HDToolBox. As soon as I restart the machine, the partitions disappear (basically looks like the RDB isn't saving). This happens with both of the SCSI drives I've tried, so I'm suspecting it's the card now, even though it was working when it came with the A2000.

@utri007 Did you ever manage to fix the issue?

I don't really use the card, but I'm looking to sell it on eBay, so it would be nice if it was working!

Cheers,
Gaz.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #16 on: February 15, 2022, 07:50:56 AM »
Reading through this thread again (and looking at some weak advice I gave ;)), I think this is a really strange card. Apparently only some revisions are actually RDB-compatible. So I'm wondering if it has to be prepped with Supra's own tools and if it only works with FFS from OS1.3? I have a gut feeling FFS Intl. would give this card trouble.

Otherwise there's the obvious checks: latest ROM, terminated, etc.

Offline gazsp

« Reply #17 on: February 15, 2022, 11:32:49 AM »
Thanks for the reply Matt. I thought your previous advice was pretty decent to be honest  :)

Yeah, it's not the greatest SCSI card available it seems! Just would be nice to get it working.

I might try shoving the values from HDToolBox into a mountlist and mounting a partition that way. It seems to be mostly working (i.e. communicates with the drive, can read / write to it), other than being able to finalise the RDB or partition formatting.

Guess I could boot in to 1.3 and try it that way as well.

Offline gazsp

« Reply #18 on: February 15, 2022, 04:59:45 PM »
Mountlist didn't work - neither did running SupraBoot from 1.3, although using HDToolBox from 3.9 did actually get the RDB to save / reload - I'm just not able to format any of the partitions (quick or full).

I'm giving up for now!

Regards,
Gaz.

Offline Matt_H

« Reply #19 on: February 15, 2022, 08:06:29 PM »
Strange! At this point I'd guess that there's either something wrong with the card or it's one of those that's so old it doesn't know how to work in anything other than very specific 1.3 A2000 configurations.

There are a few versions of SupraBoot on the hardware database - maybe a different one would work? There's also SupraTools, but I don't know what the difference is.