Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Cyberstorm PPC-They wouldn't do that would they ??  (Read 6047 times)

Description:

Offline Crispy_Beef

• Show all replies
Re: Cyberstorm PPC-They wouldn't do that would they ??
« on: October 19, 2002, 12:31:04 AM »
@justthatgood

I have an original Phase5 CyberStormPPC in my 4000 and it has done me proud over the years.  Wipeout 2097 is way cool.  :-)

The big problem with the DCE cards is that DCE is supporting them, and I use that term in a very vague sense of the word.  There have been various horror stories floating around about cards going missing for weeks/months on end while being "repaired".

If I were you I'd kick back and use your cash on an A1 or Pegasos, me I'm getting an A1 dev board.  If you don't want one of those, do as 4Play suggests and wait for a Shark.  Could be a while yet though.
-- Crispy

Offline Crispy_Beef

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2002, 02:54:33 PM »
If they want to be compatible with the A1 they might also be waiting for AOS4 to come out so they can ship with an OS.

AFAIK Hyperion haven't had a Shark to test on, so until they get one I wouldn't hold your breath about OS4 on Shark.

I could however be completely wrong on this, so I accept no responsibility for a any flames that may result in this thread.  :-P
-- Crispy

Offline Crispy_Beef

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: October 20, 2002, 12:21:50 PM »
@createcoms

I do agree it would be nice to have AOS4 first.  As mentioned above I have a CyberStormPPC in my 4000 ready.  But if I were in the position where I had to either buy the CSPPC or AmigaOne, I would go for the AmigaOne as it has a much better future and will be a lot better platform.

Which is why I guess I've ordered the AmigaOne :-)
-- Crispy