Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: hgcsales on ebay.....  (Read 6052 times)

Description:

Offline TheMud

• Show only replies by TheMud
    • http://www.houseofvoices.tk
Re: hgcsales on ebay.....
« Reply #74 from previous page: December 15, 2007, 09:36:08 AM »

Methuselas wrote:
Hi Arikel,

I have not ripped anyone off, and I have the shipping receipts to prove it.

They are cutting their own throat.  I do a lot for the Amiga community, and I never get any thanks for it.

Doomy

Say what ???  :lol:     :roll:     :crazy:
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.dailyroxette.com - My first passion next to Amiga

Offline TheMud

• Show only replies by TheMud
    • http://www.houseofvoices.tk
« Reply #75 on: December 15, 2007, 09:40:13 AM »
Just read under Hgcsales, that he bought some Atari things... Wonder wenn they will pop up on eBay, with "Rare, Brandnew, More than mint" and with the ridicoulus $12 extra handling fee, plus postal, plus plus ...   :lol:  :roll:
-----------------------------------------------
http://www.dailyroxette.com - My first passion next to Amiga

Offline LoadWB

• Show only replies by LoadWB
« Reply #76 on: December 15, 2007, 02:21:16 PM »
I said it in the deleted thread, and I'll say it here.

Anyone who feels they got ripped off by Doomy/HGC/whothefrakever, file a small claims suit.  Have a solid case and you can win a judgment against him.  Spend an hour with a lawyer to make sure you have everything straight.  You'll probably front a couple of hundred dollars or so, but you can get all that back in your mediation settlement or judgment.

Might be a moot point now that his eBay account is gone... unless he pops back up again, who knows.

Offline LoadWB

« Reply #77 on: December 15, 2007, 02:55:19 PM »
Methuselas wrote:
Hi Arikel,

dan08 is lying about me.  Yes, he did email me wanting to buy my Amiga 4000, but, I never emailed him back.  I decided to just keep my Amiga 4000.  I do not know why that jerk is spreading lies about me.  I just picked up a whole van load full of Amiga stuff.  In all of that stuff there was a Cybervision 64/3D graphics card and a CyberStorm MKII 68060 board.  I plan to install these boards into my Amiga 4000.

Interesting.  Is he changing his stance on the A4000?  Is this blasphemy before the Great God A2000?

Last year, about this time, there were an average of 29 to 34 pages of Amiga auctions on eBay every day.  Now, there are only about 6 to 7 pages of Amiga auctions on eBay at any given time.  This is because jerks, like the people who are spreading lies about me, have pissed off many of the eBay sellers that were selling Amiga items.

This is a bold claim, not only historically but speculative as well.  I'd liken this to someone who says "I can't remember a December this hot!" but digging through weather history back 60 years shows that just about every December 11 in Tallahassee was 75 - 85 degrees (that happened to be the day someone made said challenge.)

To be fair, anyone who makes a claim against ANY Amiga seller, be it Doomy or otherwise, should provide evidence to back it up.  For instance, I had nothing but good experiences with Boogiegail, but many other people said otherwise -- I will not say they were lying, just that my experience is otherwise.

Pretty much all I recall seeing about Doomy is his outrageous and difficult to swallow claims of product quality (I know OCDs that don't wash their hands before using a computer, but we'll never truly know) and his abusive emails to customers and potential customers.  Frankly, those are enough to push someone like me away from dealing with him, aside from the fact that he won't accept a convenient and protective form of payment.

Offline doctorq

• Show only replies by doctorq
« Reply #78 on: December 15, 2007, 03:14:20 PM »

To be fair, anyone who makes a claim against ANY Amiga seller, be it Doomy or otherwise, should provide evidence to back it up.

Well said, but my opinion is that this rule should not only be towards Amiga sellers, but towards any buyers and sellers around the globe.

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #79 on: December 15, 2007, 05:36:35 PM »
Well here is a lone 1040STE for $128 so far... But the pic is exactly what Doomy should use if he does it again, will help eliminate all the naggy replies...

And I don't blame him, for $500 I would rather keep a lowly mint A4000 computer in the box than try to sell if for less...  
 :crazy:
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
no trolls allowed
« Reply #80 on: December 15, 2007, 07:18:25 PM »
@Homer

2. Why the thread earlier today covering a guy that appeared to have been ripped off by Doomy for $450, but who then rescinded the whole thread was deleted from A.Org ? {Whatever happened to FREE SPEECH ?}

My guess is that he deleted all traces of what the original post was about so Wayne decided to delete yet another thread about what's his face.

I'm starting to wonder, with all these new people coming on and their first post being about what's his face (and perhaps no posts further), if the new people posting those posts are just what's his face trolling with multiple accounts... again.
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.

Offline Ken86Stang

• Show only replies by Ken86Stang
Re: no trolls allowed
« Reply #81 on: December 15, 2007, 07:29:47 PM »

weirdami wrote:
@Homer

2. Why the thread earlier today covering a guy that appeared to have been ripped off by Doomy for $450, but who then rescinded the whole thread was deleted from A.Org ? {Whatever happened to FREE SPEECH ?}

My guess is that he deleted all traces of what the original post was about so Wayne decided to delete yet another thread about what's his face.

I'm starting to wonder, with all these new people coming on and their first post being about what's his face (and perhaps no posts further), if the new people posting those posts are just what's his face trolling with multiple accounts... again.

Maybe, but why bother to edit it like he did before it was deleted?

Offline monami

• Show only replies by monami
« Reply #82 on: December 15, 2007, 08:15:29 PM »
can someone get me an address i'm going to send him a card with merry xmas on it!  :lol:
i will bless them that bless you. i will curse them that curse you. gods promise to his chosen people the jews.

Offline TjLaZer

« Reply #83 on: December 15, 2007, 08:23:46 PM »
Who did he rip off for $450?
Going Bananas over AMIGAs since 1987...

Looking for Fusion Fourty PNG ROMs V3.4?

:flame: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Offline dan08

• Show only replies by dan08
« Reply #84 on: December 15, 2007, 09:47:10 PM »
Me.

After I posted the message, I received some very nasty E-Mails, that was why took the message back.  When people start to defend his seller, remember why he is not here.  What is most scary is, he is here, he got his point across earlier in the thread.  I am not going to mess this this fellow.  Not at all.

Offline motorollin

• Show only replies by motorollin
« Reply #85 on: December 15, 2007, 09:58:33 PM »
Sounds to me like he has threatened you in to silence. You should take his emails to the police. Don't let him scare you in to putting up with this!

--
moto
Code: [Select]
10  IT\'S THE FINAL COUNTDOWN
20  FOR C = 1 TO 2
30     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA
40     DA-NA-NAAAA-NAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAAA
50  NEXT C
60  NA-NA-NAAAA
70  NA-NA NA-NA-NA-NA-NAAAA NAAA-NAAAAAAAAAAA
80  GOTO 10

Offline Homer

• Show only replies by Homer
    • http://www.graingerweb.net
This man needs our help !
« Reply #86 on: December 15, 2007, 11:03:43 PM »
dan08,

If you can prove what you said in the other thread, then you should at least try to get your money back by using legal means. Get some legal advice. If he has threatened you, then the Police need to know. You are NOT on your own.

Hmm, reading between the lines of your last message, are you saying you also received threatening emails from OTHER people after you posted here ? If so, then you REALLY do need to talk to law enforcement.  
Let X = X
{(c) Laurie Anderson}

Offline LoadWB

« Reply #87 on: December 15, 2007, 11:21:03 PM »
dan08 wrote:
Me.

After I posted the message, I received some very nasty E-Mails, that was why took the message back.  When people start to defend his seller, remember why he is not here.  What is most scary is, he is here, he got his point across earlier in the thread.  I am not going to mess this this fellow.  Not at all.

So if this is real at all, you man up and fight to get your money back, at the same time making him think twice about future scams.  Or you pussy out and just shut up.  Or you were embellishing from the start.

Which is it?

Offline dan08

• Show only replies by dan08
« Reply #88 on: December 15, 2007, 11:30:23 PM »
What a turn this took.

Offline weirdami

• Show only replies by weirdami
    • Http://Bindingpolymer.com
« Reply #89 on: December 16, 2007, 12:07:09 AM »
@dan08

Will you be changing your handle every time you run for president?
----
Binding Polymer: Keeping you together since 1892.