Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amigakit and their customer service...  (Read 43416 times)

Description:

Offline PainkillerTopic starter

• Show all replies
Re: Amigakit and their customer service...
« Reply #14 from previous page: December 30, 2008, 04:47:07 PM »
Sorry mate not my faulth you should have asked before you bought it...  :-P

• Show all replies
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2008, 05:40:38 PM »
@Amigakit
Did any of the modified "original" Amiga drives have custom shell modifications.

No.

If it was mentioned that these are modified PC drives would I have directly know that they wont directly fit for my purpose.

Yes.

Could it have been an original drive that wouldn't fit my purpose.

Yes. That would have been my bad.

Do I think it is misleading to sell these as just Amiga parts, yes because they aren't the same as the original drives be it that some of the original drives were made from PC drives, but all with factory parts.

• Show all replies
« Reply #16 on: December 30, 2008, 05:51:53 PM »
It doesn't work in A500. I have figered out a use for it already. All is fine and tandy now oh well apart from the description of the drive over at Amigakit, but I have done what I can.

It is up them now, but I gues they will leave as it is. Hopefully no one else will be misguided by their description.

• Show all replies
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2008, 06:09:31 PM »
So what? He never claimed they were original.

They never claimed they weren't. They know for a fact that these are modified PC drives they should tell it IMHO

Actually no. Since you yourself admit not all original drives fit (something you figured out later). That means it was (without asking) pot luck if they would happen to match the exact dimensions of the kind of original Amiga drives that did fit in your custom case. They may just happen to match the dimensions of a original Amiga drive that does not fit your custom case, or they may be different than anything else. Since he never said they were OEM or NOS so long as they fit properly in an A600 or A1200 case they have done their job.

There isn't a PC drive that wouldn't require further modification to fit this case. So I would have known.

It could have ended up being a modified PC drive that would have fit your purpose too. Thats immaterial. He never said they were original drives.

No it couldn't have atleast I don't know any PC drive that would have the metal part of the eject button positioned same as it was in the truly original Amiga drive. Don't remember if it was manufactured by Panasonic or someone else. They had PC version of these drives but the metal part of the eject button was different from the Amiga one.

So even though he never said they were OEM, or original, or NOS. You want him to list "made in a factory with the following equipment xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx,xxx, dremel".

There was no dremel cut shells for Amiga drives that were modified from PC ones. They had pressed metal parts and moulted plastic parts.

• Show all replies
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2008, 06:32:32 PM »
You aren't a little kid in a schoolyard anymore (at least I think). Start thinking and acting like an adult.

See we are all human.

You want every vendor on this earth to list everything a product isn't?

No, I want them to list for what it is.

When you ordered it you made the bad assumption that any drive that can fit in a A1200 case can fit in your custom tower case. So you are making a bold unsubstaniated statement there. And you got sold an Amiga drive. The fact that at one point during its manufacture it could possibly have been used as a PC drive if someone so chose is immaterial.

When I ordered I didn't remember that not all A1200/A600 drives were the same. I taught this was exactly like the one I had in the tower before as it wasn't mentioned that this drive is a modified PC drive made to work in Amiga

All the more reason you should have asked some questions.

Didn't come to my mind at the point that someone would sell a modified PC drive and not mention about it.

So what? So friggin what? Really? So what?

Build quality? Already had troubles getting one of the drives out from the 3.5" bay as one off the sides on the upper shell had bend to a wrong position during this modification process and I didn't notice it.

• Show all replies
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2008, 08:48:23 PM »
Maybe I was the first customer you had that knew how to mod PC drives and the others didn't feel the need to complain because of that.

I hope people don't get me wrong, these drives are well worth the money for some who doesn't have the know how and the tools to modify a PC drive.

I was simply expecting "original" A1200/A600 floppy drive and this product isn't one. Simply wasted 43 euros.

• Show all replies
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2008, 08:54:23 PM »
The fact is if it said it was made from a PC drive it would not have stopped his order, as he has admitted several times that he thought any drive that fits in an A1200 fits in his custom case.

Just where did you get this fact. I have always stated that I wouldn't have ordered these if I knew these were modified PC drives. Never have I said otherwise.

What I said was I taught any A1200 drive would fit case, in which point I didn't recall that they made different A1200 floppy drives.

What I also said is that I knew that no modified PC drive would fit the case without further modification.

• Show all replies
« Reply #21 on: January 23, 2009, 12:25:45 PM »
@MODS
This thread may be removed.

We have come to an agreement between Amigakit and have found a solution to my problem.