Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: System Requests  (Read 1679 times)

Description:

Offline mrmoonlightTopic starter

• Show only replies by mrmoonlight
System Requests
« on: August 08, 2010, 12:04:42 PM »
Hi,im here again ,i have a spare cf card that has the os and all the other files that the Amiga needs to start up,i stopped using it because it was full and i did not know how to deleat,the other reason was when it boots up i have a number of system requests coming up asking for ,   please insert volume 68E6-6B70 and the other one is Intuition is attempting to reset the workbench screen, when i cancell them the system boots up and is ok,lol it must have been some thing ive done, like i say the only other problem is a screen comes up saying wb is  full, and im not sure how and where i filled it ,lol not very good am i,all good fun may be some kind soul can give me a clue what to do
Amiga 1200 E-Matrix 32 bit Fast-Ram 20 gb wd harddrive
Amiga 1200 Compact Flash CF IDE Back Plate Adapter

Hisoft promidi Interface
MP3 MAS player
Amiga 600
ACA620EC Accelerator Kipper/type
CF 4GB
C/F HD
 Pioneer CD/DVD
Hisoft promidi Interface

Offline clint

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by clint
Re: System Requests
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2010, 01:19:57 PM »
Hi mrmoonlight

If as you say it does boot to workbench, you should be able to delete any files you do not want from the menu. Just be careful that you do not delete any system files or drawers.

clint

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2010, 03:00:07 PM »
Quote from: clint;573898
Hi mrmoonlight

If as you say it does boot to workbench, you should be able to delete any files you do not want from the menu. Just be careful that you do not delete any system files or drawers.

clint

Hi and thankyou, yes last time i deleated i wiped the os out and everything else,a bit more than a deleat i think,,thanks

Hisoft promidi Interface
MP3 MAS player
Amiga 600
CF 4GB
C/F HD
 Pioneer CD/DVD
Hisoft promidi Interface

Offline PanterHZ

• Show only replies by PanterHZ
    • http://www.rhz1.com
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 12:05:09 AM »
First of all, If you haven't done it already, I will recommend that you download & install a file manager utility since this makes managing files sooo much easier. Personally I prefer Filemaster, but DOpus is also an alternative. Both can be found on Aminet.

For your "please insert volume 68E6-6B70" problem, I would suggest that you check if 68E6-6B70 is mentioned anywhere in S:User-Startup or S:Startup-Sequence. If you find something there, like a line beginning with "Assign 68E6-6B70:" or something similar, disable the line by inserting a semi-colon at the beginning of the line. If you can't figure it out, a quick and easy solution is to add the following line at the top in your user-startup:
Assign 68E6-6B70: Ram:

As for the "Intuition is attempting to reset the workbench screen" problem, it is probably because something in your WBStartup drawer is launched before Workbench is properly started.

As "clint" said, be careful what you delete, and I would also recommend that you have an alternative way to boot your Amiga in case you mess up things so bad that Workbench refuses to start (one example being your Workbench floppy), this way you can try to fix things more easily.

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 08:02:21 AM »
Quote from: PanterHZ;573978
First of all, If you haven't done it already, I will recommend that you download & install a file manager utility since this makes managing files sooo much easier. Personally I prefer Filemaster, but DOpus is also an alternative. Both can be found on Aminet.

For your "please insert volume 68E6-6B70" problem, I would suggest that you check if 68E6-6B70 is mentioned anywhere in S:User-Startup or S:Startup-Sequence. If you find something there, like a line beginning with "Assign 68E6-6B70:" or something similar, disable the line by inserting a semi-colon at the beginning of the line. If you can't figure it out, a quick and easy solution is to add the following line at the top in your user-startup:
Assign 68E6-6B70: Ram:

As for the "Intuition is attempting to reset the workbench screen" problem, it is probably because something in your WBStartup drawer is launched before Workbench is properly started.

As "clint" said, be careful what you delete, and I would also recommend that you have an alternative way to boot your Amiga in case you mess up things so bad that Workbench refuses to start (one example being your Workbench floppy), this way you can try to fix things more easily.

Hi and thankyou i am very grateful for your help,i will go have a go,

Hisoft promidi Interface
MP3 MAS player
Amiga 600
CF 4GB
C/F HD
 Pioneer CD/DVD
Hisoft promidi Interface

Offline runequester

• It\'s Amiga time!
    • Show only replies by runequester
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 08:09:39 AM »
I found that having a workbench floppy to do a "plain" boot can be handy if your hard drive is in questionable condition :)

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 01:15:41 PM »
Quote from: runequester;574578
I found that having a workbench floppy to do a "plain" boot can be handy if your hard drive is in questionable condition :)

Hi i use a 4gb cf card and because i am new to this must have done a few things wrong,hence the requests that keep coming up,i have had a look at the replys,which i am very grateful for ,but still the problems persist

Hisoft promidi Interface
MP3 MAS player
Amiga 600
CF 4GB
C/F HD
 Pioneer CD/DVD
Hisoft promidi Interface