Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New A-EON Technology Website now live!  (Read 20389 times)

Description:

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
Re: New A-EON Technology Website now live!
« on: April 15, 2010, 03:55:43 AM »
In regards to the RAM, what's to say the system can even theoretically support ddr3 ? If the memory controller is on the cpu (which is more often than not with cpus these days) then it may simply not be an option. I'd be surprised if it's an issue anyway,... the speed the cpu is likely to provide (especially when initially only using 1 core) is unlikely to benefit from ddr3 and may even suffer from it (ddr3 has higher latency than ddr2,.... I'd buy ddr2@1333mhz before I bought ddr3@1600 if I wanted performance(but obviously good ddr3 if speed was paramount))..... ddr2 is unlikely to vanish any time soon anyway,.... ddr1 can be purchased still fairly readily even.
In regards to the site, OS4.x is fairly ho-hum to me these days so Im not hugely interested in yet another "announcement of an announcement". Each to thier own though.
 The guys behind the scene might want to hurry up though, time stands still for no-one in the computer world,.... what started out as a potentially pricey low end system (in comparison to what's available off the shelf almost anywhere) may end up as outdated (again comparitively) before it's even released,.. a far cry from what theyre touting as "high end".... 6-12 months is way, way too long to sit on something in this game.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 05:03:22 AM »
@Xdelusion

While I do agree to a degree with what you've said, by that reasoning AROS is the logical choice (ie, can do much the same things in a similar manner faster and cheaper (generalising here, please dont point out shortcomings or advantages of "system x" ppl)) and a potential business has to start somewhere, and while there's still a little way to go for all amiga like options, progress has been made in the last few years with both software and hardware (although personally I think the hardware side of things seems like a very risky idea(for all the ideas that have been repeated over and over on most amiga sites)).... small steps, of which X1000 is another, but things are slowly moving forward. For my tastes, although I favor OS3.x on classics and amithlon(one for retro fun, one for "serious use) and AROS and dont particularly follow OS4.x (I do read the interesting stuff that happens with it still when I come across it on multi amiga format sites), Im a happy man for any sort of progress on any of the amiga like systems as if for any reason some die at least things have been progressing elsewhere so I can jump aboard another actively developed option.
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show all replies
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 07:16:10 AM »
So, taking the phallicism on board theyre basically telling us to go f@ck ourselves "while you are waiting" ?   :-P