Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.  (Read 24903 times)

Description:

Offline Argo

• Show only replies by Argo
Re: Wow! C-USA's first commercial.
« Reply #164 from previous page: April 06, 2011, 05:18:57 AM »
Quote from: Karlos;628701
Not a good fit for the breadbox case though. Imagine the cooling problems...

I'm imagining the melting case problems!!!

Offline Franko

• Show only replies by Franko
« Reply #165 on: April 06, 2011, 05:24:46 AM »
Quote from: Argo;628807
Franko, franko, franko.... sigh.

Argo, argo, argo.... WHeeeeeee :)

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
    • Show only replies by Darrin
« Reply #166 on: April 06, 2011, 05:40:25 AM »
Quote from: Franko;628862
Argo, argo, argo.... WHeeeeeee :)

Hey Frank, what's up with this?

Franko has chosen not to receive private messages or may not be allowed to receive private messages. Therefore you may not send your message to him/her.

If you are trying to send this message to multiple recipients, remove Franko from the recipient list and send the message again.

???
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline mongo

• Show only replies by mongo
« Reply #167 on: April 06, 2011, 01:59:41 PM »
Quote from: digitex;628848
You are such a pathetic liar. I'll buy 10,000 of them right now from you for that price. Why would you say such insane things that are so easily shown as lies. Do get pleasure from saying things just to see the reaction from people here who don;t know any better?

OK Barry, lets see how honest you are. How much do you pay for the VIC Slim Standard? You know, the one you sell for $395.

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #168 on: April 06, 2011, 02:10:52 PM »
Quote from: mongo;629019
OK Barry, lets see how honest you are. How much do you pay for the VIC Slim Standard? You know, the one you sell for $395.

Come on, that is not reasonable to ask him what  his profit margin is.  I don't see anyone challenging A-EON or ACube on what they are purchasing their hardware and software/support for.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline mongo

« Reply #169 on: April 06, 2011, 02:26:10 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629027
Come on, that is not reasonable to ask him what  his profit margin is.  I don't see anyone challenging A-EON or ACube on what they are purchasing their hardware and software/support for.

A-EON and ACube aren't slapping a sticker on someone else's product and selling it.

If Barry is going to act outraged when someone claims that he is ripping people off with a ridiculous markup for putting a sticker on a product, he should be more than happy to prove them wrong.

The problem is that Barry actually is ripping people off with a ridiculous markup for putting a sticker on a product.

Offline Kronos

• Resident blue troll
    • Show only replies by Kronos
    • http://www.SteamDraw.de
« Reply #170 on: April 06, 2011, 02:27:13 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629027
I don't see anyone challenging A-EON or ACube on what they are purchasing their hardware and software/support for.

Huh ?? I advice opening your eyes than ......

Prices (and wether they are inflated) is at the center of pretty much every X1000/SAM discussion in the last year. It may come from a different angle, but in the end it's the same, specs and prices are at odds and people are questioning if they are getting shafted.

Bout that CyperCrap screenless laptop being available for 120$, I'd say that about the right number after someone failed to market them at "normal" prices (very likely given their crappy nature) and has now resorted market them through secondary channels.

Mind you I probraly wouldn't even buy one if it went even lower.

Bout the commercial, all it proves is that either Barry or one of his partners is prepared to burn major $$$ on this adventure. WalMart or suchlike buying them in bulk also means very little cos they will simply send them back if they can't move the stock fast enough.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:28:44 PM by Kronos »
1. Make an announcment.
2. Wait a while.
3. Check if it can actually be done.
4. Wait for someone else to do it.
5. Start working on it while giving out hillarious progress-reports.
6. Deny that you have ever announced it
7. Blame someone else

Offline digitex

• Show only replies by digitex
« Reply #171 on: April 06, 2011, 02:33:34 PM »
Quote from: mongo;629019

Our prices are clearly indicated on our site. I called darrin a liar; he is, and it has not been proven otherwise. Simply ask him to post a pic of his "Vic Slim", and a copy of his invoice. he can't, so he won't. The end.

Offline Franko

« Reply #172 on: April 06, 2011, 02:33:35 PM »
Quote from: digitex;628745
Are you kidding? Did you look on the Disney/Tron site partners page? Did you see the Commodore logo, right next to CocaCola? Did you think that it got there by magic? Do you think the world's largest media company knows what is going on with their IP? This is a partnering/co:branding campaign, NOT advertising. We each use the IP assets, and jointly promote our products together. OOOOO, I sure hope they don't look at our site and see all those clips we used from the unedited stock footage they sent us last year, before the movie was even released :)

What else do you want to keep bringing up?  The Commodore logo, that is now ours?  The Amiga logo, that too. How about the fantasy case shot...yup, still there also. Ahhh, here's one...the huge glass 3D Boing ball on our OS page....still there, along with other work created by the same artist, for us.

The commercials will be airing everywhere...just keep watching TV...you'll see them...maybe,even where you live, if you're in a major market.

Now Steven, why not tell us all about yourself, so I can have the opportunity to examine and comment incorrectly about every facet of your life?  I would really love to know what you do for a living...and see some of your work product. How about telling us all about your lifetime achievements...I'm sure there is something there that I would enjoy  ripping apart. What's that?  hmmmm, no reply??? C'mon, fair is fair...I don't hide behind an avatar like all of you (with some exceptions). You all know my number..my e-mail etc. It's so easy for all you to type these disgusting comments, knowing that you're hidden in your little life, behind a keyboard. Try saying these things in real life...to my face..or anyone else's, for that matter. You never would...or could.

anybody else?

Ok Big Man... I called your bluff (and my post got deleted) you pay for the ticket (it'll need to be via a nice luxury liner and first class of course, I don't travel any other way across the pond) and I'll be over to take you up in person on your challenge, now if you'd be so kind to elaborate on this wee challenge I'll gladly get myslef ready for it, to quote your good self "You never would... or could"... :roflmao:

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #173 on: April 06, 2011, 02:36:24 PM »
Quote from: Kronos;629032
Bout the commercial, all it proves is that either Barry or one of his partners is prepared to burn major $$$ on this adventure. WalMart or suchlike buying them in bulk also means very little cos they will simply send them back if they can't move the stock fast enough.

If Walmart sell them then it better had be cheap.  Expensive overpriced items need to go on sale at Best Buy (or similar) where they do "store credit" agreements.

Walmart PCs start off at around $299 and 99.999% of the customers are just looking at the price, not the specs.
A2000, A3000, 2 x A1200T, A1200, A4000Tower & Mediator, CD32, VIC-20, C64, C128, C128D, PET 8032, Minimig & ARM, C-One, FPGA Arcade... and AmigaOne X1000.

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #174 on: April 06, 2011, 02:39:03 PM »
Quote from: digitex;629033
Our prices are clearly indicated on our site. I called darrin a liar; he is, and it has not been proven otherwise. Simply ask him to post a pic of his "Vic Slim", and a copy of his invoice. he can't, so he won't. The end.

Where did I claim to have an invoice?

The VIC was an easy find by typing "Zero Footprint PC" into Google.  I never mentioned the "slim", but someone else posted a link to another site selling them.

Get your facts right Barry-boy.

Never mind though, I'll send off an email to someone in China and ask if they can track down the manufacture and find a unit cost over there.  Might be interesting...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2011, 02:43:08 PM by Darrin »

Offline dammy

• Show only replies by dammy
« Reply #175 on: April 06, 2011, 02:44:43 PM »
Quote from: mongo;629030
A-EON and ACube aren't slapping a sticker on someone else's product and selling it.

The Vic Pro is a customize case (externally and internally) for C=USA, just like how A-EON has a customized case for their A1X1K.  We can go into what other people's parts go into a system if you want.  Vic slim, I don't know much about so it might be a white label product.  

If Barry is going to act outraged when someone claims that he is ripping people off with a ridiculous markup for putting a sticker on a product, he should be more than happy to prove them wrong.

From where I am from, the law says the accuser has to show the proof.  

The problem is that Barry actually is ripping people off with a ridiculous markup for putting a sticker on a product.

I'd say its up to you to prove it then.  Buy the product, buy what you think is it's original system at whatever price you find it at and then open the two cases up and show us the proof, part's model number for part's model number.  Till then, you are just doing a hit and run job on Barry.
Dammy

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Arix-OS/414578091930728
Unless otherwise noted, I speak only for myself.

Offline mongo

« Reply #176 on: April 06, 2011, 02:44:54 PM »
Quote from: digitex;629033

I didn't ask you for your price, I asked you for your cost. I know what your price is, I mentioned it in my post. Would you like me to tell people what your cost is too? Or are you honest enough to tell them yourself?

Offline Darrin

• Lifetime Member
« Reply #177 on: April 06, 2011, 02:48:49 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629038
The Vic Pro is a customize case (externally and internally) for C=USA, just like how A-EON has a customized case for their A1X1K.  We can go into what other people's parts go into a system if you want.  Vic slim, I don't know much about so it might be a white label product.  

I'd say its up to you to prove it then.  Buy the product, buy what you think is it's original system at whatever price you find it at and then open the two cases up and show us the proof, part's model number for part's model number.  Till then, you are just doing a hit and run job on Barry.

LOL.  I can see it now:

2 identical looking machines, except one has a Commodore sticker on it and costs $300 more.  The machines are opened up and everyone says "ooh, the cheap no-brand one is exactly the same" and Dammy protests "no it isn't, it has a Western Digital hard drive and we use a Toshiba!  It isn't apples with apples!"

Offline Franko

« Reply #178 on: April 06, 2011, 02:51:39 PM »
Quote from: dammy;629038

And where is that exactly... DisneyLand... :laughing:

Strange laws where you come from, here you just make the accusations to the relevant authorities and they investigate it... :)

Go and fetch Barry a coffee or something cos I think he's nodding off just sitting there waiting till someone tells him what to say next... :D

Offline WolfToTheMoon

• Show only replies by WolfToTheMoon
« Reply #179 on: April 06, 2011, 02:53:28 PM »
Quote from: mongo;629039
I didn't ask you for your price, I asked you for your cost. I know what your price is, I mentioned it in my post. Would you like me to tell people what your cost is too? Or are you honest enough to tell them yourself?

How many business' reveal their cost? Not many... it's called a trade secret, I believe. If something is too expensive for you, here's a suggestion, don't buy it, simple as that...
I'm sure you could buy a similar cheaper computer from China. But then you wont be paying numerous licenses, testing, customer support... It's comparing apples to oranges.