Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: PiSTORM in general  (Read 1442 times)

Description:

Offline Boing-ball

Re: PiSTORM in general
« on: April 18, 2024, 05:07:49 PM »
I see not much is posted in relation to discussing the PiSTORM.

I didn't know until the other day, someone created a tweaked version of WHDLoad.
Its basically a wrapper, that alters Emu68 command line options on the fly. It checks its database for game your attempting to run, then alters PiSTORM config to allow that game to runs without glitches.

Have to say, this is final piece of puzzle for my new setup, I have been working on.
So, if anyone uses WHDLoad with PiSTORM, check out WHDLoad Wrapper.

Not for me yet. I and FitzSteve run PiStorm’s with Mediators. Will have a play when I get around finishing off my A4K Desktop replacement case build. But so far EMU68 build 11/07/23 is the only build I can get working without issues at the moment.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2024, 03:37:31 PM »
To be fair and balanced here 😉

Most of the new products that come out fall under the same issues regarding updates on what works and what doesn’t. Take the BFG9060 as another example. Bought one of these only to find it didn’t play nice with SCSI.
Ask on forums like this one and the answer is “Didn’t you know about that? It’s well documented!”.
If it weren't for forums like this one, with threads on this, then you would be scratching your heads.

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2024, 12:28:43 AM »
When you write about someone using their first name, as if you’re buddies or something … at least get the name right?

Who are you directing that to? 🤷🏻‍♂️

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2024, 01:00:15 PM »
Check again, 8 Hours ago, :)
Emu68-Tools Hightly link

I have added Emu-Tools to wiki. Hopefully, its quite comprehensive and helps others.
PS32-Lite Wiki

Thanks, will check it out….

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2024, 07:03:37 PM »
@F0LLETT

Not sure. Maybe worth a download to see….

What do you need for the WPA to work? Does the pi4 already have a WiFi module?

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2024, 11:46:03 PM »
Wifi with WPA2 works fine atm, i am sure there are some refinements to be made but so far it is the best solution, faster than PCMCIA and secure too.

The setup got included in the latest Caffeine 9275 too, it is even easier now, only two steps.:
Select your device
setup the WPA SSID and password.

If the SSID is hidden there is some text to be added in the wireless.prefs but that's about it.

@TribbleSmasher

I take it the Wireless part is something that’s already included on the Pi3 and above? Or do you need something extra?

Offline Boing-ball

« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2024, 05:11:42 PM »
Every supported Pi has WiFi included, yes.
Exception:
CM4 can be obtained without Wifi, that is bad decision making in hindsight.

Some have different chips so you might encounter a not-yet supported one, hence the alpha test.

@TribbleSmasher
Thanks for the explanation.