Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is it possible to install BB1 and BB2 without a CD-ROM?  (Read 1963 times)

Description:

Offline Thomas

Re: Is it possible to install BB1 and BB2 without a CD-ROM?
« on: April 22, 2015, 07:28:59 AM »
Quote from: Tygre;788185
Hi all!

I recently installed AmigaOS v3.9 from a network drive  (after installing a bare v3.1 + MiamiDx + SMBFS) and it went very  smoothly  :cool:

But,  when the time came to install the BoingBall1, the Installer asked me to  insert OS3.9 CD... which I can't: I don't have a CD-ROM for my Amiga...  

Would it be possible to install BB1 from a network drive as I  did with OS3.9? I didn't look into the script but maybe one of you  already did modify the script or could point me in the right direction?  (Or better, share it with me ;) )

Thanks!

You shouldn't install from a network directory anyway because you loose file attributes (you already lost them when copying files from the CD to the directory).

But you could store an ISO image of the 3.9 CD on the network and mount it using virtual CD software (diskimage.device for example). Then you can do a proper installation over the network and also successfully install the BoingBags.