Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: AmigaOne 500: Complete AmigaOne System w/ SAM460ex/1.15 GHz, 2 GB RAM, 500 GB HDD, DV  (Read 10748 times)

Description:

Offline SystemTopic starter

• Show only replies by System
    • http://amiga.org

AmigaOne 500

Complete System Based on the Sam460ex

The AmigaOne 500 is a complete computer system based on the Sam460ex board (1.15 GHz). It comes with 2 GB RAM, an AmigaOne mouse, AmigaOne keyboard stickers, a 500 GB SATA HDD, a DVD-RW drive, a SATA controller PCI card, a case (featuring Boingball and the AmigaOne 500 logo) and an OEM version of AmigaOS 4.1 (components can be changed or added in the configuration menu).

Item currently not available, ETA September 26, 2011.

EUR 1044.90 incl. 19% German VAT (EUR 878.07 excl. VAT for non-EU customers)

More...

Offline DaNi

• Show only replies by DaNi
    • http://morphos.blog.com.es/
What!!! 1.050€ for this hardware?? This is a joke???
EFIKA 5K2 PowerPC G2 400Mhz, MorphOS 2.7, 128MB 266MHz DDR RAM, FSB 133MHz, 500GB HDD, Radeon 9200 PRO 128MB, USB HUB x8.

Offline Darth_X

• Show only replies by Darth_X
Quote from: System;659936

AmigaOne 500

Complete System Based on the Sam460ex

The AmigaOne 500 is a complete computer system based on the Sam460ex board (1.15 GHz). It comes with 2 GB RAM, an AmigaOne mouse, AmigaOne keyboard stickers, a 500 GB SATA HDD, a DVD-RW drive, a SATA controller PCI card, a case (featuring Boingball and the AmigaOne 500 logo) and an OEM version of AmigaOS 4.1 (components can be changed or added in the configuration menu).

Item currently not available, ETA September 26, 2011.

EUR 1044.90 incl. 19% German VAT (EUR 878.07 excl. VAT for non-EU customers)

More...

There is a lot of speculation that the X1000 will be released soon and priced similar to this. So who is going to buy it?

Offline MarkTime

• Show only replies by MarkTime
    • http://www.tanooshka.com
Do we really have to complain about the price?

I don't live in the EU, so I wouldn't have to pay the German VAT - so maybe that helps shave off 19%.

Eh, either buy it or don't....I can't say as I blame someone for not buying it.

But this is a niche market, and I, for one, am happy about the state of hardware - relatively regular updates - occasional opportunity to buy one in-stock, and not on some pre-order scheme.

And its actually cheaper than a big box Amiga used to cost.

Yes, I know 1.15Ghz PowerPC isn't going to light the world on fire, but, neither is AmigaOS 4.1.  

It's a hobby - I wouldn't mind thinking about one - to tell the truth.   I'm all Mac's right now, an Amiga would be a nice addition.

I guess just the fact that it has a webkit browser, and I do most of my work in html5/javascript - makes me think there is a chance, at least that it could be useful - no I haven't been anywhere near a real amiga in years, so I can't verify what bugs might be with that implementation of browser, but - eh, still kind of interesting to see the new hardware.

Offline SamuraiCrow

• Show only replies by SamuraiCrow
For being a hobby, it seems increasingly to be a rich man's hobby.  :(  And that is not limited to the AmigaOne series either.

Offline Acill

Whew, thats a lot of cash. I'm glad I chose to stick it out with MorphOS. These prices remind me of the old days when I had to save for months just to get a 4MB RAM upgrade for my A1000 and a Starboard II hard drive controller. Only in those days it was cutting edge technology.
Proud Retired Navy Chief!

A4000T - CSPPC - Mediator
Powerbook G4 15", 17"
Powermac G5 2GHZ
AmigaOne X5000
Need Amiga recap or other services in the US? Visit my website at http://www.acill.com and take a look or on facebook at http://facebook.com/acillclassics

Offline fishy_fiz

• Show only replies by fishy_fiz
Damn, this is all the "secret project" was? Im a little disappointed. What was with the boing ball in the picture then? I dont see the connection.  :)
The "its cheaper than the old big box" arguement doesnt really hold much ground for me either. Back then a harddrive was hundreds of dollars, ram was hundreds of dollars and so on. The ROMs were an extra cost and so on.

I do understand why these things are so pricey, but that particular arguement has a tendency to come across as clutching at straws for justification these days (not particularly directed at you MarkTime, but I do see it often used).
Near as I can tell this is where I write something under the guise of being innocuous, but really its a pot shot at another persons/peoples choice of Amiga based systems. Unfortunately only I cant see how transparent and petty it makes me look.

Offline kurkosdr

• Show only replies by kurkosdr
Why not an Amiga laptop based on the sam460? Now that‘s something you probably can‘t make it yourself easily.

Anyway, here is a recommendation for the guys behind this system: If you don‘t manage to sell the quantities you expected to sell (not unlikely considering the one grand price), sell just the case at the price of an ordinary case + 10$ markup. At least that way you “ll cover you expenses.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 01:41:56 PM by kurkosdr »

Offline Tripitaka

• Show only replies by Tripitaka
    • http://acidapple.com
Quote from: SamuraiCrow;660129
For being a hobby, it seems increasingly to be a rich man's hobby.  :(  And that is not limited to the AmigaOne series either.

Well I would say "If you don't like it do something about it" but your doing it already. Keep up the good work on the Natami SamuraiCrow, it's more likely to get my cash than any other amigoid system as things currently stand.
Falling into a dark and red rage.

Offline yssing

• Show only replies by yssing
    • http://www.yssing.org
Well not considering the price, I kinda like it. But the price range is a bit out of my reach.

Offline ferrellsl

• DavidseltyAJ
    • Show only replies by ferrellsl
Uggghhh...that looks just like an old piece of Samsonite luggage I once owned back in 1973.

I can still see the gorilla throwing it around in my dreams!  LOL
« Last Edit: September 20, 2011, 06:07:43 PM by ferrellsl »

Offline orb85750

• Show only replies by orb85750
@Darth
I think you have your numbers wrong.  An X1000 for that price???

Offline ferrellsl

• DavidseltyAJ
    • Show only replies by ferrellsl
Quote from: orb85750;660254
@Darth
I think you have your numbers wrong.  An X1000 for that price???

Yeah, he left out the x 3 multiplier on the X1000 price.

Offline itix

• Show only replies by itix
I really thought ACube was going to introduce Natami w/ AROS.
My Amigas: A500, Mac Mini and PowerBook

Offline NovaCoder

I'd just hoped to see something new....
Life begins at 100 MIPS!

Nice Ports on AmiNet!