Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amiga 500 turn-up after over 20 years  (Read 685 times)

Description:

Offline jcrubinTopic starter

• Show only replies by jcrubin
Amiga 500 turn-up after over 20 years
« on: April 02, 2018, 01:40:33 PM »
This is a continuation from the power supply repair project, which started with an inventory of the system as found, though not 100% familiar with the components I work my way through it along with some research.  This includes a ram expansion, real time clock and 68030 accelerator.

The inter-operability challenge was the monitor going from RGB to HDMI, so I went with the RGB to SCART to HDMI converter which worked very nicely in the modes that I required.  Luckily I have some disks to include workbench boot disks to get the computer going.  This allowed for checking out aspect ratio and sharpness of the picture and clarity.  An IFF close up also displayed the picture quality as well.  

A further exercise was conducted to move disk images from the internet to the Amiga using the serial port and the process that I used to accomplish the task without any hardware purchases using Hombre, transwarp and a linux box.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZsuSyyarRg

Offline kreciu

Re: Amiga 500 turn-up after over 20 years
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2018, 06:42:18 PM »
There is nothing better to bring Amiga back to life :). Good timing for Easter! ;)
Re-A1200inE/BOX/3.2/AmigaOS3.2/TF1260@66Mhz/256Mb/MediatorTX/R9200SE/SpiderUSB/LAN/SB128/16Gb-CF/DVD-ROM/FDD-HD