Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Public Release of MorphOS 2.6 & Introduction of PowerMac Support  (Read 13627 times)

Description:

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
This is great news. ETA on G5 support?

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
Re: Public Release of MorphOS 2.6 & Introduction of PowerMac Support
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2010, 08:13:34 PM »
Comparison of Morphos to Apple mac OSX...
Morphos is hobbyist specialty OS.
Mac is mass market desktop computer...

Of course Apple can afford to Charge $30 for Snow Leopard, they make so much on all the other products.

Morphos is one step above shareware and developers should get paid for their work. Would  you all rather purchase X1000's, expsinve lower speed sams, How about or for $150 + 50 MDD PowerMAc that can run 3.1 Amiga apps and classic game apps...and MAc OSX if you're so inclined..

Lemme guess  you all would  rather try to source a $250 Blizzzard 030 with 16 megs ram?

So at this point anything positive is shot down...

Would you be happy with a $50 100Ghz PC with 100 TB system ram, Holographic display, 10 TB of storage with AI processors...about  the size of an iphone?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2010, 08:15:36 PM by Crom00 »

Offline Crom00

• Show all replies
Re: Public Release of MorphOS 2.6 & Introduction of PowerMac Support
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2010, 08:50:27 PM »
"Amiga enthusiasts are simply being price gouged because of their fanatical love of Amiga, plain and simple. "

I believe this. So to recap in me expierience the best values out there are:

A) Amiga forever (legal dist of os3.1) or AROS or UAE
B) Morphos
C) Amiga os4

for anyone reading this who may be new to Amiga or has been away a long time. I recommend getting Amiga Forever. You will support a developer and get legal version of OS3.1 in a nice package.

I have owned A500, cdtv, cd32, 1000, 2000, 2500, 3000, 3000t, 4000d, 4000t, and minimig.

Get yourself a Pentium 4 that some folks give away and you'll be happy painlessly emulating all the above worry free for practically nothing.

At the end of the day Mophos and Amiga OS4 provide you with LESS of a computing experience you can get for free.

That bein said I am an Amiga fanatic and if supoorting Morphos helps support a platform, it's my cash and I'll spend it on this stuff.

I guess that's why Amiga stuff goes for insane amounts on eaby and why Amiga anything is expensive. For many of us thi has become a step above a vice such as drinking, gambling or recreational drugs. Keeps us away from the wifey and outta trouble.